Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Area Studebakers

Hello,
    Yesterday we attended our first drive-in show in the 1950 Studebaker. It is only a few miles from our house and had about 400 cars there, we were unfortunately the only Studebaker. At the show I have seen other studebakers in the past, and it would be great to see you there if in the Houston area. It is in Spring Texas, at the intersection of Spring Cypress and Champions Forest in a Kroger parking lot, and people come from miles around. We had a great time, there are no awards, competitions, or anything like that. Just a few door prizes and a good time. I believe the show (closed during the winter) takes place every Saturday 6 to 10 pm.
    Here is the website: http://www.niftee50ees.com/
    Spence

I live in Houston. NW part of town. I have sent e-mails to join the local chapter of SDC, but have never heard back. I was wondering if there were any activities locally.

Comment

I live in Houston. NW part of town. I have sent e-mails to join the local chapter of SDC, but have never heard back. I was wondering if there were any activities locally.

Comment

Yeah,
        I mean to join the local chapter but have not contacted them yet.

Comment

Yeah,
          I mean to join the local chapter but have not contacted them yet.

Comment

Hopefully in about four months there will be another Studebaker there! MINE. Waiting on paint.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
            Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Hopefully in about four months there will be another Studebaker there! MINE. Waiting on paint.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
              Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

This week there were three studebakers there!
                My own, a pickup that had been nicely redone which we had seen there last year, and a 1957 wagon which was for sale. It was once again lots of fun, and everyone visiting enjoyed our champion, especially the suicide doors. Most folks seemed quite educated about studebakers (many mentioned the whole "is it coming or going" thing) but one lady asked the guy she was with "is that an Edsel?"

Comment

This week there were three studebakers there!
                  My own, a pickup that had been nicely redone which we had seen there last year, and a 1957 wagon which was for sale. It was once again lots of fun, and everyone visiting enjoyed our champion, especially the suicide doors. Most folks seemed quite educated about studebakers (many mentioned the whole "is it coming or going" thing) but one lady asked the guy she was with "is that an Edsel?"

Comment

Working...
                  X