This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dosen't get driven a lot""

Can't say as I can blame them for that,after taking a good Studebaker,destroying the body lines by adding phoney scoops and fins,tossed out the engine in favour of a mouse motor,and then generally let this hatchet job sit around untill it starts to rust.
    2500.00 seems a bit high for a poor parts car(G)

"Reserve Not Met" - He'll be lucky to get a starting bid on it. "Paint cracking" - you can see that the sculpted Bondo on the hood scoop is puckering up! Truly weird customizing concept.[V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Charity seals my lips.

Studedude1961
      --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Just when you think you've seen everything...

Home of the Almostahawk
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I think the car has a too short wheel base for what the builder wanted to do. All them scoops and them rear quarter window, YIKES! What an ugly car. I don't like it at all...

Matthew Burnette
          [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
          1963 Lark Daytona HT (6 cylinder, auto trans)
          lots more Studes
          lotsa parts too

Comment

I think this one's been on before and didn't sell. He's even got the nose on crooked.[xx(]
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I noticed the nose too. And it was on there, not too long ago.

Matthew Burnette
              lots more Studes
              lotsa parts too

Comment

LOOK AGAIN! $3800 and 2 bids.This turd is gonna have a new owner.[:0]

Home of the Almostahawk
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Sheesh,
                  You'ze guys ought to be happy that this stuff comes up on Ebay.
                  That way the 'good stuff' won't get chopped up by custom car hackers.
                  Someone will buy it, bring it home, realize what he did, toss some primer on it, and put it right back up on Ebay (with a higer opening bid)
                  Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Can't say as I can blame them for that,after taking a good Studebaker,destroying the body lines by adding phoney scoops and fins,tossed out the engine in favour of a mouse motor,and then generally let this hatchet job sit around untill it starts to rust.
                  2500.00 seems a bit high for a poor parts car(G)
                  DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                  '37 Coupe Express
                  '37 Coupe Express Trailer
                  '61 Hawk

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It does make me feel better since you put in that way Mr. Jeff.

Matthew Burnette
                    lots more Studes
                    lotsa parts too

Comment

Holy Smoke!!!!! Did he run into a big Muskrat or spray paint the front end with a spray can!!!????

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker
                      Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

Hey Guys; This is one example why I am a so-called 'purist' when it comes to antique cars and trucks, especially Studebakers. I hear the argument, "Well, its my car, and I can do whatever I want with it". So another Studebaker is bastardized to something it was never intended, molded into something from the whims of one person who will own it a few years and then what? Life is short and when a piece of history is altered or made to look as if it were something else, what will folks several generations down the road have to work with? Those without a sense of history or heritage are depriving those to come. Having said that, I understand that some cars and trucks pulled out of the weeds simply can not reasonably be restored to their past grandure and it is reasonable to modify the vehicle simply to make it usable and safe. I am amazed at how many women in our society do the same thing to their own bodies-many turn out much worse,especially several years down the road.

I attended a Studebaker meet yesterday that is sponsored by my home SDC Chapter, Greater Virginia. There were three 1935 Studebakers in attendance. One was a President 4 door, a beautiful car with sidemounts, restored to its original condition. Awesome. Car # two was a Commander Coupe, restored to its original condition. Fantasic.
                        Car #3 was one of the rarest of Studebakers- a Commander Land Cruiser. Yes, it was street rodded. Bowtie front end, bowtie engine, painted solid white. It was ugly as homemade sin! Why anyone, with any respect for Studebaker or for a grand old car, would destroy a Land Cruiser (probably less than six in existance of a two year model run) is beyond me. It is lost to future generations. Anyone seeing the car 50 years from now will not be able to appreciate this classic (in the true sense) as it was created by Studebaker engineers and workmen. What a loss.

This is one man's opinion. Peace, Frank

Frank Drumheller

1948 M16-52 Boyer bodied fire truck
                        1960 Lark VI Regal 4 door

Comment

Working...
                        X