GT Hawk in the movie "Zodiac"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk in the movie "Zodiac"

I saw this movie tonight, being a fan of true crime stories. This movie is long (about 2 1/2 hours) but well worth it. Minimal gore and effects, maximum story and acting, great period piece and I was unable to find one newer car in any scene than what would have been there in reality that year!

Probably only about 1/2 hour from the end, is featured in several close-ups, a black GT Hawk. I couldn't tell the year because the scene is at night. But you see the car in profile close-up and there's even a brief scene inside the car, as well as a view from the rear of the roof of the car. The guy in the movie who owns it, shall we say, is a bit on the scary, eccentric side....that's all I'll say!

Anyway, great movie for fans of this genre.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

I saw this movie tonight, being a fan of true crime stories.

Probably only about 1/2 hour from the end, is featured in several close-ups, a black GT Hawk. I couldn't tell the year because the scene is at night. But you see the car in profile close-up and there's even a brief scene inside the car, as well as a view from the rear of the roof of the car. The guy in the movie who owns it, shall we say, is a bit on the scary, eccentric side....that's all I'll say!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    Awww man......now I'm gonna have to go watch the movie just to see that Hawk in action.

Bummer!

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

I saw this movie tonight, being a fan of true crime stories.

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      Awww man......now I'm gonna have to go watch the movie just to see that Hawk in action.

Bummer!

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

Here's the GT, we talked about it last month on the news group.

64 Commander 2 dr.
        64 Daytona HT
        63 Cruiser
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
        63 Avanti R1
        63 Daytona convert
        63 Lark 2 door
        63 Lark 2 door #2
        62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
        62 Lark 2 door
        60 Lark HT
        60 Hawk
        59 3E truck
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Here's the GT, we talked about it last month on the news group.

64 Commander 2 dr.
          64 Daytona HT
          63 Cruiser
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
          63 Avanti R1
          63 Daytona convert
          63 Lark 2 door
          63 Lark 2 door #2
          62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
          62 Lark 2 door
          60 Lark HT
          60 Hawk
          59 3E truck
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

A bunch of years ago Mark Rosenzwieg of the Manhattan Chapter rented out his GT for a music video. The video was for Beck , and the lead singer was to drive the car around a corner and come to a stop. My memory is a bit vague as to what happened, but I remember hearing that after the shoot the visors needed to be replaced and some other damage occured.

BG

SAVE THE STUDEBAKER.....SAVE THE WORLD.

Comment

A bunch of years ago Mark Rosenzwieg of the Manhattan Chapter rented out his GT for a music video. The video was for Beck , and the lead singer was to drive the car around a corner and come to a stop. My memory is a bit vague as to what happened, but I remember hearing that after the shoot the visors needed to be replaced and some other damage occured.

BG

SAVE THE STUDEBAKER.....SAVE THE WORLD.

Comment

The movie was well done and everything was period except the main character, Jake Gyllenhaal, who did not age a bit from 1969 to 1991. The Hawk was seen in a rainy, nighttime scene. Great movie.

Studedude1961
                --1963 Cruiser

Comment

The movie was well done and everything was period except the main character, Jake Gyllenhaal, who did not age a bit from 1969 to 1991. The Hawk was seen in a rainy, nighttime scene. Great movie.

Studedude1961
                  --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                  X