This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Suspension?

I have heard only alittle about this suspension. What is it and is there a website for it. Someone on another topic said something about ball joints, sounds good to me. I don't like dealing with that spreader tool to much and if there is some modified suspension kit out there I'd like to read more about it.
    63, stude, Lark

I would like to learn more about the Phantom setup myself, never seen one with my own eyes. Always best to have parts in hand to inspect.
    I have been told that it is heavy but that would probibly be product liability issues. Anybody out there install one that would like to give us some pictures and tell us how it handles and how they like it?

Comment

Hi Guys. Just ordered one for my '54 Commander HT but it will be a while before its up and running. I am taking pictures at every stage of the build and will post some of the front end install once I begin. I ordered the kit with dropped spindles. This kit has many advantages in my opinion. First and foremost -it is not a permanent install requiring cutting frame rails etc., it properly lowers the car without the need of cutting springs or modifying spindle angles, it uses Ford Granada spindles which are ready to accept upgraded disc brake kits, and it uses standard ball joints making it easy for any shop to properly align the vehicle without the need for a shop manual! Anyway, these are the reasons I chose to make the purchase and I'm sure many feel it is not worth the money. It is strange that more than 50 kits have been sold with little feedback or updates as to how the owners like them. I intend to share my experiences with the kit as I get it installed and up and running. I will keep the forum posted. -Will

Comment

but where do you order the kit, and how much does it cost

Comment

quote:Originally posted by cosmo

but where do you order the kit, and how much does it cost

Also, they generally have a display ad in TW.

-Dick-
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
          X