Fantasy time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy time

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Nice story Biggs... Keep 'em comin'! [8D][^]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Nice story Biggs... Keep 'em comin'! [8D][^]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Wow Biggs you missed your calling, you should have been wrting novels all this time. Nice touch.

Frank J.van Doorn
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Conv
        1941 Champion R-2 Rod
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Wow Biggs you missed your calling, you should have been wrting novels all this time. Nice touch.

Frank J.van Doorn
          1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
          1963 Daytona Conv
          1941 Champion R-2 Rod
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

WELL DONE...

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
            64 Avanti R3w/NOS
            88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

WELL DONE...

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
              64 Avanti R3w/NOS
              88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

Nice tie-in at the end. Good pace as well. Though a little bit of blatent name dropping was decernable. Fun story all round.

You know, I noticed the other day that Frumpy has a trailer hitch frame under her rear. I wonder what stories she could tell about family outings and campouts?

Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Nice tie-in at the end. Good pace as well. Though a little bit of blatent name dropping was decernable. Fun story all round.

You know, I noticed the other day that Frumpy has a trailer hitch frame under her rear. I wonder what stories she could tell about family outings and campouts?

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Why was that coupe parted out? It certainly doesn't appear to have much rust, maybe as much as a two year old rust belt Studebaker.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Why was that coupe parted out? It certainly doesn't appear to have much rust, maybe as much as a two year old rust belt Studebaker.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Good question, Gary! I actually tried to find the car a home (someone to adopt it and bring it back to life) once I got it home and saw how solid it was. Honestly, a couple hundred bucks would've bought it. No takers - and I DID try.
                        Overall, it looked shabby, but just look at that inner body panel where the photo reveals the rear fender was removed. That original, zinc chromate primer was intact all the way down to the bottom of that inner panel! The car had spent most of it's useful life in New Mexico and it showed it!
                        Here's the thing tho.... I managed to sell almost EVERY piece of sheet metal off that car so that other Studes could live. Even the floor panels and the pillars found new lives elsewhere. The floors made it all the way to South Carolina. A rear fender now visits Bonneville every season. The deck lid went to another 55 at the '02 meet in SB, and so on and so forth.[^] In fact, it wasn't but a month ago that the dash went to a guy building a cusstom '55 locally.
                        I've got only the firewall section left out back. That and a few things like the E-brake parts, the grille (which I'm saving for now) and myriad bit of hardware and trim that I've lost track of in all my piles of stuff! I doubt that firewall will ever go anyplace but the scrapper but you never know.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Good question, Gary! I actually tried to find the car a home (someone to adopt it and bring it back to life) once I got it home and saw how solid it was. Honestly, a couple hundred bucks would've bought it. No takers - and I DID try.
                          Overall, it looked shabby, but just look at that inner body panel where the photo reveals the rear fender was removed. That original, zinc chromate primer was intact all the way down to the bottom of that inner panel! The car had spent most of it's useful life in New Mexico and it showed it!
                          Here's the thing tho.... I managed to sell almost EVERY piece of sheet metal off that car so that other Studes could live. Even the floor panels and the pillars found new lives elsewhere. The floors made it all the way to South Carolina. A rear fender now visits Bonneville every season. The deck lid went to another 55 at the '02 meet in SB, and so on and so forth.[^] In fact, it wasn't but a month ago that the dash went to a guy building a cusstom '55 locally.
                          I've got only the firewall section left out back. That and a few things like the E-brake parts, the grille (which I'm saving for now) and myriad bit of hardware and trim that I've lost track of in all my piles of stuff! I doubt that firewall will ever go anyplace but the scrapper but you never know.

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Bob/MrBiggs. I can certainly understand the situation. I have seen it happen often with sedans, but not so common with coupes, even though I remember parting out one of my '53 Commander Starliners (with GH engine) that I couldn't get anyone to take for $100 (pre-eBay). A lot of parts did go on to other Studebakers. That cowl section might be good for someone that wants to build a fiberglass bodied replica coupe.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Bob/MrBiggs. I can certainly understand the situation. I have seen it happen often with sedans, but not so common with coupes, even though I remember parting out one of my '53 Commander Starliners (with GH engine) that I couldn't get anyone to take for $100 (pre-eBay). A lot of parts did go on to other Studebakers. That cowl section might be good for someone that wants to build a fiberglass bodied replica coupe.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X