Rear park lights, brake, back-up lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear park lights, brake, back-up lights

I am cleaning up my rear lights, after removing te lens I see that the housing is stainless steel. How do these lights get optimum brightness? There are other tail lights I have seen like these that have the inside painted white, where these? Or do you just clean them and they illuminate by the stainless? I would like to get the best effect without a third brake light.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Most important thing is to be certain all circuits are good and especially all grounds are clean and tight. Behind a red lense, originality is not an issue. A white surface will reflect more light than a polished metal surface. My six-volt tailights are as bright as any I've seen.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Right, my 6volt system was very bright because we used a small drimel wheel to clean the metal for good contact.We also used new ground straps to the engine, body. When it comes to 12 volt systems the power is there however the reflective quality is very important, I thought that because of the age something my have dissinigrated inside the housing. If the stainless steel is enough then I will polish it and make it nice and bright. All connections have been cleaned, thanks!

Studebakers forever!
      Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
      X