PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker Factory Strike Film.

dpson
03-09-2007, 02:55 PM
You never know what you find out there. I picked up a 16 mm film at the York swap meet last weekend. On the canister there is an old "typed" label that says:

"1962-Studebaker Factory Strike Film
Showing pickets at factory gates. This
film does not show Mr. Egbert forcing
way out as I had thought."

If anyone has a means of tranferring this from 16 mm film to CDROM let me know. I would be more than happy to share these with anyone who wants a copy at cost.

Dan Peterson
Montpelier, VT
1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible

8E45E
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by dpson

You never know what you find out there. I picked up a 16 mm film at the York swap meet last weekend. On the canister there is an old "typed" label that says:

This film does not show Mr. Egbert forcing

If anyone has a means of tranferring this from 16 mm film to CDROM let me know. I would be more than happy to share these with anyone who wants a copy at cost.

If you do locate an oufit that will transfer it to a CD for you, I'm sure the footage of where Sherwood Egbert does force his way through the picket line from the 1983 "Less Than They Promised" video can be spliced in.:D

Craig

Montpelier, VT

8E45E
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by dpson

This film does not show Mr. Egbert forcing

If you do locate an oufit that will transfer it to a CD for you, I'm sure the footage of where Sherwood Egbert does force his way through the picket line from the 1983 "Less Than They Promised" video can be spliced in.:D

Craig

Montpelier, VT

showbizkid
03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Pro 8 MM in Hollywood does telecine transfers. Check out www.pro8mm.com .

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
'63 F2/Lark Standard
http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

showbizkid
03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Pro 8 MM in Hollywood does telecine transfers. Check out www.pro8mm.com .

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
'63 F2/Lark Standard
http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

avantilover
03-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Perhaps you could send a copy to the SNM in South Bend, they'd probably like to add it to their collection of memorabilia.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

avantilover
03-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Perhaps you could send a copy to the SNM in South Bend, they'd probably like to add it to their collection of memorabilia.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

1950Champ
03-10-2007, 12:15 AM
I know a local photography store here near Houston Texas was able to transfer some old family videos from 8mm to vhs, so hopefully you can find a place to do it near you.
Spence

1950Champ
03-10-2007, 12:15 AM
I know a local photography store here near Houston Texas was able to transfer some old family videos from 8mm to vhs, so hopefully you can find a place to do it near you.
Spence

Transtar56
03-10-2007, 03:08 AM
Thats interesting,the company I work for just went on strike today.

Looks like it may go tits up too.

Transtar56
03-10-2007, 03:08 AM

Ernie55
03-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Hmmmm, Looking back striking at Studebaker in 1962 does not seem to make much sense huh? Perhaps the autoworkers today could learn a lesson from some of the stuff Studebaker went through.

Ernie55
03-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Hmmmm, Looking back striking at Studebaker in 1962 does not seem to make much sense huh? Perhaps the autoworkers today could learn a lesson from some of the stuff Studebaker went through.

tstclr
03-10-2007, 07:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Been there before. I worked at an auto plant about 15 years ago. We went on strike for 5 weeks. Luckily I was young and didn't have a lot of debt. I actually got married and went on my honeymoon while it was going on. I missed out on $100 strike pay because of this :D

Now today is a different story. There's rumours that the dealership I work for is going to close it's doors. Since Toyota moved to a nearby town, property is a hot commodity and our dealership is located in one of the most sought after areas for feeder plants for Toyota to build. Could be an interesting few months!
[xx(]
Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/tstclr/larkavitar.jpg

tstclr
03-10-2007, 07:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Been there before. I worked at an auto plant about 15 years ago. We went on strike for 5 weeks. Luckily I was young and didn't have a lot of debt. I actually got married and went on my honeymoon while it was going on. I missed out on $100 strike pay because of this :D

Now today is a different story. There's rumours that the dealership I work for is going to close it's doors. Since Toyota moved to a nearby town, property is a hot commodity and our dealership is located in one of the most sought after areas for feeder plants for Toyota to build. Could be an interesting few months!
[xx(]
Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/tstclr/larkavitar.jpg