This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side shot of a 53 HDTP or Coupe

I need a good side shot of a 1953-54 Hdtp or coupe for a "wheels" program. Does anyone have one I can get off the net or e-mail?
    Thanks---

53commander HDTP
    53 Champion HDTP
    61 Cursed Purple Hawk
    64 Champ long bed V8
    64 GT

here's my '55

(there's more on my web site but that is the only good side shot I remember)

for scaling purposes, those are 14" wheels, just so you know. I have 15" wires on it right now and they look much more "right" on the car even though I don't particularly like wire wheels.

also try

he's got lots of pics there

good luck (and send us a link, if you get a Stude used for any program, wouldn't mind seeing my car with Halibrands for example!)

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

here's a few of some of my old ones

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
      64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks guys, Nate-- I took a look at your 55 and the side shot is too dark to work well for that program, to bad! The other site I had already looked at and the factory photo's are too "grainy" to use. I think a side shot on a parking lot or road, even a drag strip, with good lighting so you can see the side profile real well, would work as you would be able to see the effects different wheels would have on the body style. I'll keep looking.

53commander HDTP
        53 Champion HDTP
        61 Cursed Purple Hawk
        64 Champ long bed V8
        64 GT
        64 Champ long bed V8
        55/53 Studebaker President S/R
        53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Where do I find this "wheels program"? I searched the web awhile back and conldn't find anything. Thanks

Darryl C. Lewallen
          Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.

Comment

quote:I'll keep looking.
            Maybe this will help?

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Studedude, that's a lot closer but still too dark. The program is one that newstalgiawheel.com has on their site. I e-mailed them and ask for them to add a 53 to the site but they need a good side shot picture that the program can use. Any one interested may touch base with them so we can get more Studes on that wheels program.

53commander HDTP
              53 Champion HDTP
              61 Cursed Purple Hawk
              64 Champ long bed V8
              64 GT
              64 Champ long bed V8
              55/53 Studebaker President S/R
              53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Ummm... Dave, you don't need new wheels!

nate

(well, actually you do. But I know this guy that would be willing to take the old ones off your hands...)

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                62 Daytona hardtop
                --
                55 Commander Starlight

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

Ummm... Dave, you don't need new wheels!

nate

(well, actually you do. But I know this guy that would be willing to take the old ones off your hands...)
                  Let's get this wheel program up and going. We'll have a "Select Sheba's new wheels" contest, and the old wheels will be available for you.

Dave's Place
                  Studebaker Emporium
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

I can tell you right now if you don't like your current wheels my vote would be a set of Halibrand "kidney beans" with painted centers (not fully polished.) Someone had a set of the new American Racing copies of those on a GT Hawk at South Bend, I think he told me they were 7" wide and I believe it as they barely fit under the fenders. They looked awesome, he had the Halibrand spinners on them and it was a silver car (with silver-grey painted wheel centers.)

'course THOSE would look great on my car too

I guess I just must be showing my age, as when I first started to become aware that some cars were indeed cooler than others (early-mid 1980s,) those deep-dish BBS-style rims were on all the hot German cars of the era, and I've liked the look ever since. Esp. with the "mesh" of the wheels painted black and the rims polished, on a black car. Mmmm, eeeeevil. Nothing like a monochromatic, shiny black ride with those big ol' wide polished rims barely contained in the fenders.

nate

(can't hardly wait to get some quality Stude time tomorrow)

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    62 Daytona hardtop
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Here is a picture of my 1953 Starlight

Michael

Michael's Studebaker Pics Page
                      --------------------------------

Comment

Nice car Michael!!! But those damn Cragars are like stink on sh_ _
                        Every camaro and every tri 5 Chevy has a set of Cragars .[maybe cause they do look so good!]

Hawks,Larks,and other critters!
                        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

I can tell you right now if you don't like your current wheels my vote would be a set of Halibrand "kidney beans" with painted centers (not fully polished.)
                          I think I know the wheels you are talking about. They are OK, and I know folks are falling all over each other to get them. I suppose it offers a rather "retro" look, and I like that look... except I don't knock myself out trying to do what others are knocking themselves out to do.

I want my car (and wheels) to be be different, but compliment each other. Frankly, if I had a set of wheels that were noticed more than the car, I would get rid of them.

I didn't build the car from the ground up to have it play second fiddle to a set of wheels that can be purchased off of the shelf. [:0]

But, that's just me. [^]

Dave's Place
                          Studebaker Emporium
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

quotecan't hardly wait to get some quality Stude time tomorrow)
                            Boy, do I know what you mean! The job has been keeping me busier than a cat with diarrhea. Spring-like storms in August, 2-3 a week! Meetings, out of town conferences, work shops, etc. I need to go back into retirement, but the extra money is nice, and I have found myself buying into the program, and starting to care. [B)]

I have become quite frustrated, because I have not had time to work on the '62.

I got home from a three day conference yesterday, and planned to go to the local cruise night. I went, along with my socket set, some Scotch-bright, masking tape and paper, and a rattle can of semi flat black paint.

Right there at the Sonic, I removed the grille, suffed the existing paint behind it, masked it off, shot it, and put the grille back in. Get off my back, JP!

One thing down, a few more to go. I have told the City Manager that I WILL either be taking some time off, or resigning soon.

Dave's Place
                            Studebaker Emporium
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

Nice car Michael!!! But those damn Cragars are like stink on sh_ _
                              Every camaro and every tri 5 Chevy has a set of Cragars .[maybe cause they do look so good!]
                              I agree. No offense to Michael! My car had those wheels on them when I bought it, and I couldn't wait to get rid of them. They are beautiful! But, common. [V]

Dave's Place
                              Studebaker Emporium
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X