This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50's Sporty Car Postage Stamps

I went to the post office today and bought some of the '50's car postage stamps. They look pretty good! I especially like the Studebaker stamp. (Of course...if not, why would I be posting here?)

The only one I don't care much about is the Corvette stamp, since those cars never excited me for some reason. [xx(] But not to worry. I can always get rid of those quickly by using them to pay bills. Never any shortage of those!

Guess I better git my butt down to the PO! They sold outta the airplane stamps in a hurry.BTW, the Stude IS the best-looking of the lot!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The ONLY thing I kind of don't like about the Stude stamp is that it looks a little like it is stuck in a snow bank.Now is that grousing or what?

wagone in the cursed Avanti I

Comment

Went to my PO to get some today,4 people in line with packages and stuff-at this PO, 4 people in line is a signal to leave,[Yeah,now I'm grousing].I'll try tomorrow morning!!!

Hawks,Larks,and other critters!
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Yes, I bought my stamps this morning at the PO. The clerk hadn't even opened up the package of new stamps received this morning and I was the first customer (big deal!). the Postal Service really did a nice job on the stamps. I wish they would produce a poster of the set.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Since you're online right now anyway, this is a good time to go order items related to the 50's Cars that USPS is offering. I stumbled across this tonight:

A gold keychain with image of the Studebaker stamp for $4.99, and other stuff I didn't know they were offering. Strangely, there are no plaques on the two pages of items they show.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

That really is odd - that they're not promoting the plaque. It's akin to this one here. But when you use their search engine to do a search for plaques, this is the only one that comes up. Sadly, it also brings up my lunch[xx(]

But nonetheless, it's LIKE this only views hoizontally, instead of this prortrait's vertical orientation. Same price too.

I bought a second one the other day. Figured I'd get it for speculation.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I just thought to search using the bar code numbers on the back of this plaque. Still no results via the PO's search options.

You might wanna ask your post office to check for Item # 23170228 The bar code's got two zeros in front of it to where it reads thus 00231 70228 [^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Working...
                X