This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Pepsi steal the Studebaker logo?

And it was right under my nose, literally. As I was drinking from a Taco Bell cup today, I noticed that when the Pepsi logo (latest version of it, created in 1991) could be rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise and looks almost identical to the 60's red white and blue Studebaker logo.

Here is a page with the history of the Pepsi logo: http://www.garybeene.com/pepsi/images/history2.gif

Turn it sideways to get this from Studebaker (this takes you to a page in the Studebaker Museum store :http://www.studebakermuseum.org/newproducts.htm

Seems that Ford (Mustang) Dodge (Dakota), Pepsi, and everybody else feels free to "borrow" from Studebaker designs, since the company is no longer around to sue them!

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

I've got a Studebaker keyring with that logo. I've had several people ask me if I work for Pepsi

1965 Studebaker Cruiser

Comment

I hate pepsi!!! Maybe we should thank pepsi for keeping one of our favorite logos visible to the general public.?

Hawks,Larks,and other critters!
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

After constantly kidding a buddy of mine about his Pepsi keychain actually being a Studebaker keychain, he got another and gave it to me. I have one set of keys on a leather key fob, and the spare set on the 'Pepsibaker' keychain.

He constantly makes fun of my Stude so I let him have it about that keychain .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Tom, you need to "drag" your buddy to the PSMCD with you in September.[}] Might change his attitude once he saw the PBW burn up the track.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's a 'greif' thing. The more greif he can give me, makes him happy. I get him back in other ways... . I have another friend who wants to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

turn it around, let's form the Studebaker Co. again and sue Pepsi, we'll get the funding to start production again ..

Comment

The Studebaker logo is closer to the Chinese Ying Yang symbol.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
                64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
                63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Yin and Yang...Hmmmm. No, it simply looks like a lazy "S" to me. A red, white and blue patriotic lazy "S".

Unless you know something I don't. Are they building Studebakers in China with the old Studebaker sheet metal and casting equipment?

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
                  "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon
                  Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Pepsi has been a good stock, must have been the Studebaker influence![^][8D]

Comment

Working...
                    X