This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker pickup project

I am building one pickup out of two. The pickup I am building is a 52 vwith a v8. The donar pickup is a 5? with a flathead six. Does anyone know how I can unload the extra thins like the motor and tranny?

Well, you can try Ebay, but shipping kills most deals on engines and transmissions...
    Where is it all at?
    Any pictures?
    Is it a Champ (small) six, or a 'big' six?
    Is the trans an overdrive?

You'd probably make more friends and put some future help chits in the bank if you donated it to a local SDC chapter member that could use it. A little charity goes a long, long way...
    (And you never know when that person may just help you find that reare part you've been scrounging for....
    Hope the info helps...
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Bart

I am building one pickup out of two. The pickup I am building is a 52 vwith a v8. The donar pickup is a 5? with a flathead six. Does anyone know how I can unload the extra thins like the motor and tranny?
    DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
    '37 Coupe Express
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer
    '61 Hawk
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It is a Champ six. I don't know about the trany, it was a column shift. I am a Chevy sort of guy so my guess would be a three speed. I live in Colorado. I don't know any one in a Studebaker club. If you know any contacts I would appreciate it. I have some body parts as well.

Comment

Colorado is pretty big, Where in colorado? We have a meet coming up in Raton Sept 23/24. There's not a very big market for the little sixes (170).

Gib

Comment

Bart,
          Let me be brutally honest with you. You're gonna be lucky to find someone that'll take that thing off your hands for free. There's a glut of them to be had for the very same reason you're offering this one.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bart, I'm in Colorado too. I also happen to be helping a buddy work on restoring a 52 pu. Where are you and what do you have that needs a new home?

Gerry

Comment

I have a pickup bed and a hood loaded on my Chevy ready to haul off. I have an extra cab thatr I'll be pulling off, it has both doors.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I have a grill also.

Comment

Now then! That SHEET METAL ........ if it's of any account at ALL - you could get some bucks for it. Good doors are especially tough to find anymore.
                  And then there's that fella in Ohio (posted just a couple of days ago) looking for a bed he could work with.
                  Really Bart - you should try to hang onto that sheet metal for a bit until the "grapevine" can get the word out that it's available. What shape is it in???[?]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The cab is good, with some rust. The doors are straight, the passenger side has the door handle soldered on with what looks like brass solder. The bed is no good and the hood has been crumpled. The grill is in great shape.

Comment

A bed is on our list of needs. Please email me and let's see what we can work out. Since we're both in Colo. we can probably make this painless for both.

Thanks,

Gerry

Comment

Whoops! I just reread and suddenly saw that your bed is also NG. Still, we may have need of some things so please contact me.

Gerry

Comment

Bart- if your Champ six is the 185 cu in engine I'd be interested in it. If it came from a '55 thru '58 then it probably is the 185. I'll be in Colorado sometime in October to pick up a Commander frame. As long as you're not on the far west slope maybe I could swing by. Post a reply if your engine is the 185-

Comment

I don't know the year of the motor. The casting number on the side is 524807-11
                            I live in La Junta CO.

Comment

I know someone looking for a very straight hood for a 56 pickup.
                              Contact at LV2C3GO@aol.com
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X