This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voltage regulator

My 50 coupe has a autolite distributor. I want to build a stock of spare parts to carry on the road. Water pump, generator, starter, fuel pump, voltage regulator, and distributor. Have I missed anything. The question is, can you mix and match autolite dist. and delco regulator. Thanks Bobby

P.S. Am I the only one that likes the 58 headlight pods. I think they are unique and thats what I like about my 50 Bullet Nose.

I LOVE MY STUDEBAKER

If the Brand-X is made for THAT generator it will be ok. A regulator can be adjusted to the generator's voltage and amps specifications, as well as cut in and cut off specs. If the regulator is properly adj it will work. My opinion.

Comment

Ideally, you wouldn't mix Delco and Auto-Lite units. Would they work like that? Maybe. But why take that chance?
      Bob, you got a great spares list there. Throw in a fan belt and a coupla 6volt bulbs and you's ready for the road!

Proud owner of a 58 (double-headlamped) Provincial wagon![^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X