PDA

View Full Version : Uninformed public

65cruiser
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I had something funny happen today. I had to stop by my local Radio Shack store to pickup a few things. I parked the Cruiser at the door and was met by both employees on the sidewalk. The first guy said "so, what's something like that go for, 25 or 30?" I said "25 or 30 what"? He says "grand". I busted out laughing (probably a mistake). I tried to keep a straight face and said "I'll sell it to you for $12 grand". He looked at me dead serious and asked again, "seriously, what's something like that worth". I told him I gave a little over $6,000 for it. Then, he was like, yeah, but then what did it cost to restore it? He just could not believe that I bought a "rare" Studebaker (his words) for $6,000 in restored condition.

I said "well, now you know, and no, it ain't for sale":D

studeclunker
07-07-2005, 04:35 PM
I have a '62 Regal and people keep asking me if it's a Mercedes and why I changed the hood ornament. I tell them to look at the trunk lid. Their astonishment when they see S-T-U-D-E-B-A-K-E-R on the back is a riot!:D:D:D:D:D

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker
A.K.A: out2lunch

Chris Pile
07-07-2005, 06:56 PM
A few years back a show-goer mistook a chapter members red GT Hawk for a Rolls-Royce......... he'd never even heard of Studebaker. Then he found out it was an American company that closed in the mid-sixties. All he could do was shake his head in astonishment.

rockne10
07-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Driving my 51 over the past ten years I've had more than one person ask how hard it was to find parts for a Tucker.