PDA

View Full Version : Dream Car

steve_smith54
07-04-2005, 05:38 PM
What is your dream car? Given this is a Studebaker related website, let's limit this to those whose dream car is a Studebaker. Whether you already have your dream car, are in the process of building or restoring it, or, like me, are still in the dreaming stage, what would it be. What year? What model? Body Style? Engine/tranny? Accessories? Color? Original or modified? This is fantasy land.

My dream car is a 1951 Commander.

I could live with any body style, although I think a business coupe is a moot point since there was supposedly only one Commander business coupe ever made. My first choice would be evenly tied between a convertible and a four door sedan. I always loved convertibles, but was always facinated by the suicide doors. A starlight coupe would run a very close second choice and a two door sedan and the one business coupe, if it still exists, would be evenly tied for third. Either the Regal or State trim level, where applicable, would be okay.

A Stude engine is requisite for me, but by choice I would power my dream car with a later model 289. As for the tranny, definitely three-speed overdrive. I haven't had an automatic tranny car for years and I never plan to have another one. I just prefer manual.

My dream car would look very original with the floor pedals, column shift, wide whitewall tires and stock wheel covers, but have modern conveniences such as integral power steering, front disc brakes, preferable power, air conditioning, and radial tires. I want to accomplish this using as many authentic Studebaker parts as posible. I want the car to look good and look original, but leaving it in the garage and trailering it to shows is not for me. That would spoil the fun of having the car.

Definitely want an original color. Maui Blue, Commanche Red, Black Cherry are among the original colors I especailly like.

Alright, fellow members, tell us about your dream car. Inquring minds want to know. As a last thought, of all the safety equipment the auto manufactures have devised, there is one hazard that no one had ever found a safety device to protect us against...the loose nut behind the wheel.

JDP
07-04-2005, 06:15 PM
I've owned a few of my dreams and some real close, but would love a factory R3 4 speed Avanti. I'm building one dream I missed from 64, a plain, zero optioned R2 4 speed Challenger. Since I buy and sell a dozen or so a year, I get to enjoy most of the ones I love.:)

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
55 Speedster
50 2R 10 truck

rockne10
07-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Steve,
Business Coupe roof, already extricated and, ready to section into two door body of your coice. Let's make it two. Make offer.
LV2C3GO@aol.com

steve_smith54
07-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Were it not for the fact I currently lack employment and consequently the funds, space, etc. I'd think very seriously about that proposal. That would be something different to have a Commander Business Coupe. The appeal of the Business Coupe is the huge trunk. The whole idea is quite though provoking. I wonder if one could also substitute the main body of a Champion Business Coupe body for that of a two door Commander. They shared the same wheelbase in 1951, so I assume if one used the dash, interior trim, front end, etc. from the Commander basically the same result would be accomplished. When I come up with the funds to move forward, I would definitely like to discuss this idea further. What are the odds of the one that left the factory still existing?

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Steve,
Business Coupe roof, already extricated and, ready to section into two door body of your coice. Let's make it two. Make offer.
LV2C3GO@aol.com

Commander51
07-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Steve,

I've got a Comanche Red '51 Commander State 4 dr with stock v-8 and (sorry) DG 200 automatic. I'll be putting front discs on it this fall. After half a dozen restos, mainly Fords ('24, '38, '51, '62), I think I"ve got a keeper here.... BUT, my dream car is a clean, stock,well- optioned '62 GT hawk with your basic 289 and a floor shifter. Preferably white with red interior. It shouldn't be hard to find, but no luck so far....

Bandit
07-04-2005, 10:05 PM
I would love to have a late 30's President - style, grace - beautiful. Secondly - a '53 Commander hardtop

http://mateo-f4.homedns.org/bandit/banner4.jpg

steve_smith54
07-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Please let us know how the disc brake conversion goes, especially if you are able to use Studebaker parts. I hope to be following in your footsteps in the future.

I would imagine that automatic tranny was the excpetion rather than the rule in 1951, given the fact that automatic hiked the price quite a bit. When the time comes, I should be able to find a car with the three speed overdrive. Nothing wrong with automatic, I simply prefer manual. A lot fewer people ask to borrow your car that way. Hopefully your car has the original driveline and you can keep the numbers matching.

Hope you find the '62 GT Hawk you would like as well. Once can never have too many Studebakers. Besides, he who has the most toys when he dies wins! I'd better get busy as I'm not getting any younger.

quote:Originally posted by Commander51

Steve,

I've got a Comanche Red '51 Commander State 4 dr with stock v-8 and (sorry) DG 200 automatic. I'll be putting front discs on it this fall. After half a dozen restos, mainly Fords ('24, '38, '51, '62), I think I"ve got a keeper here.... BUT, my dream car is a clean, stock,well- optioned '62 GT hawk with your basic 289 and a floor shifter. Preferably white with red interior. It shouldn't be hard to find, but no luck so far....

railway
07-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Hi all of ya.
My dream car would be a 32 Roadster, like Doc Hemps or a 37 Coupe express, like Doc Rice Or a mid 30's Dictator. But I'm fond of most old trucks Form 59 on back to the cab overs any size.
Cammander51 I could make your dream come true, how about a 62 GT 289 4 speed black with red interior [?]

Ebon...

studecoop
07-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Well my dream car is a 1960 hawk, with a packard 374 and 3 speed/OD. Twin trac and PS. Laker yellow with purple hilights and purple leather interior... AKA the LAKERBAKER!!! :):)

Sedans Rule!!!

Chris Coop
Vancouver, WA.

Transtar56
07-05-2005, 08:35 AM
My dream Stude is a 40 President 3-pass coupe with the big straight eight.I still have the black one from E-Bay as my background,beautiful lines.It sold for I think 28k

Commander51
07-05-2005, 08:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by steve_smith54

Please let us know how the disc brake conversion goes, especially if you are able to use Studebaker parts. I hope to be following in your footsteps in the future.

I would imagine that automatic tranny was the excpetion rather than the rule in 1951, given the fact that automatic hiked the price quite a bit. When the time comes, I should be able to find a car with the three speed overdrive. Nothing wrong with automatic, I simply prefer manual. A lot fewer people ask to borrow your car that way. Hopefully your car has the original driveline and you can keep the numbers matching.

Steve, I'll be using a Turner coversion kit, mainly because the '51 requires a special caliper mounting bracket specific to that year. Jim makes the right bracket.
I agree with your preference for the manual tranny. The prior owner of my car has POURED money into that automatic and it's still not right. Before I put anything more in it, I'll go get a 700R4 for the taller (and more numerous) gears...

I hope to wind up with an utterly reliable (or at least serviceable) 9 months' driver capable of long, comfortable distance.
Not a show car...

Commander51
07-05-2005, 08:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by railway

Hi all of ya.

Cammander51 I could make your dream come true, how about a 62 GT 289 4 speed black with red interior [?]
Ebon...

Thanks for the offer, but I have my hands full with the '51 at present. But I'll keep this post; I'm always just a few months away from my next project...

I bet this topic, if it catches on, may result in some big, multicar swap... let's see what happens!!

raprice
07-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Since we're dreaming, my dream car has been and will always be a '50 or '51 Starlight Coupe. The color is debatable, but I prefer the Maui Blue and my first choice. Either the six or 8 would be fine, but manual shift.
My next choice would be a '61 Hawk with buckets and 4 - on- the - floor.
The treasurer of our local Stude chapter has a beautiful black '61 Hawk with red seats and I drool over it whenever I see it.
Of course, the top of my list is the one I own, a '59 Lark Regal Hardtop. I get more comments and compliments about that car that I do with my other old cars.
Rog
'59 Lark

casey
07-05-2005, 03:24 PM
My dream car is any GT Hawk, black in color and not suffering from frame sag.

N8N
07-05-2005, 04:52 PM
If we're limiting this to Studes, I would have to say...

'54 Commander Starliner
'51 Commander biz coupe
or the one that really takes the cake... remember that old President business coupe that was up on eBay a while back? it was even black too! DROOOOOL!

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Danarchy
07-05-2005, 05:22 PM
My Dream Car(as of 06/05/05)is the 1960 LARK 4-Door Wagon I am working on right now!

Dallas,Texas

Swifster
07-05-2005, 06:31 PM
My '64 Daytona will be the dream car. 2nd project would be a '64 R3 Challenger/Commander 2-Dr sedan clone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)

rockne10
07-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I may have my dream car or two.
Sure, I'd like a 31 Four Season President but would be afraid to drive it much.
I would not own a 51 Commander Starlight if the price had not been right($400). Several years and more than several thousand dollars later, it is a joy to drive. Painted the original Sahara Sand-a color I would not have ordered new-now I would have it no other color. It's an attention getter with exterior visor and original foglights and internaly controlled antenna.
I bought my 53 Commander Starlight thirty years ago as a daily driver. Now it's undergoing a frame off with a few upgrades: 61 transmission and TT rear, 63 brakes with Turner dual master, 12-volt, 54 power steering, rear sway bar, 289 and a few other goodies.
I'll keep all the original parts in case someone wants to revert to stock after I die. It is not two-toned and will be the original Manchester Maroon with full Regal trim.

Transtar56
07-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Thats the one Im talking about N8!

Commander65
07-06-2005, 01:39 AM
I think that my dream Studebakers would be,

1953 Commander hardtop red/white
1955 President Speedster lemon/lime
1957 Golden Hawk gold of course
1963 Avanti gold

DEEPNHOCK
07-06-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm working on my 'Dream Fleet';)

Trick is to have the fleet all running at the same time:D

Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Roscomacaw
07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Tough for me to winnow down to ONE "Dream car"![V]
Sure - a Four Seasons roadster would be nice. So would a 42 Commander sedan-coupe.
This 58 wagon I'm working on is fun. I've always loved the fins of the 58 sedans but had trouble with the headlight pods. That didn't keep me from owning a couple of them thru the years tho.
I will say that the big ass of this wagon acts to balance the largess is the quad headlites - moreso than any of the other 58 sedans. I had fleeting thoughts of adding 57-style, single headlite fenders at first. But I've given up on that idea since I've come to realize that the wagon's more "balanced" than other 58s.
Dream car - dream car...... I saw it a couple of times in the Los Angeles area, some years back. I've not seen or heard of it in the last 15 years tho.
What it was was a 1951 Business coupe dolled up as a Commander (there was only ONE 51 Commander Business coupe built and no one knows what became of it) and had an R2 drivetrain installed. Gleamingly Midnight Blue and absolutely stock-looking, it didn't scream for attention but it did promise fun![}:)] Yeowzah!
I've got a '51 Biz cpe to work with. I've even got the makin' of an R2 setup. All it takes is time and money. Both of which are in short supply:([:p]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

studeclunker
07-06-2005, 07:11 PM
That's easy. Just making the choice is difficult. Only one??? Well the choice starts with my granmum's cars; a 1932 Pierce Arrow Town Brougham (Studebaker owned P.A. at the time...) burgandy with black fenders and roof. Or her 62 Lark Regal wagon, Light blue with dark blue interior. Another would be either a '56 President Classic or '57 Packard(baker) Clipper Town Sedan either in two tone blue (if available), then again maybe both. Of course a garage would be essential for these fine cars. Being that I'll not have the funds in the near future, or ever, one can only dream, pleasant dreams...

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker
A.K.A: out2lunch

tbredehoft
07-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm driving my primary dream, the '53 Commander C coupe, but if I were granted another, it would be a '50 Commander Business Coupe, with modern suspension, 289 with 3 spd OD. I remember lusting for one of these in the late '50s. (didn't know about engines then, but it sure is a well proportioned car.)

Tom Bredehoft
'53 Commander Coupe
'60 Lark VI

SoCal54Champion
07-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Where does one start...too many choices, two little cash flow.
I'd love a 61 Lark hardtop but right this minute, if I had the $$$$$, a
1956J Golden Hawk with that smooth, smooth Packard V8....oh wait maybe a 64 Avanti...noo wait...ahhhhh Wagonaire?...no....ummm
OK OK the 56 Golden Hawk....;)

Dave

"Oh That? It's a STUDEBAKER!!"

Roscomacaw
07-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Dave,

I know of a '61 hardtop out this way that needs a home. Ya HAFTA take the '62 parts car that goes with it tho![}:)] Both V8 autos. '61 probably runs if you put a carb on it.;)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

studeclunker
07-07-2005, 04:39 PM
OOOOOOO a '62 parts car???? NO! NO! must resist! No more junkers! No! Bad Ron!! Bad! Bad! Slap slap!!

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker

52hawk
07-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I have a 62 4dr,v-8 auto parts car. My dream car,besides my 61 Hawk,is a 58 bullet nosed lark!!! Seriously,my dream car right now is a truck,a Champ PU, v-8 auto with a/c,preferably narrow box.

Everybody's Uncle Used To Have One!

Green53
07-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I am satified with what is left of my fleet. 64 Avanti, 64 Daytona R1 convertible, & 53 Starliner modified. A Coupe Express or 61 Hawk would be nice.
Denny L

studegib
07-10-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm hoping to get my grandson to help me restore my dream car, '60 convertible, setting in the back yard. I stupidly waited too long, and now I can't get up from down without help.:(

Gib

DEEPNHOCK
07-10-2005, 07:18 AM
I would love to build up a '37 Dictator convertible...
It would be a phantom, but it would be a pretty combination..
Jeff[8D]

What is your dream car? Given this is a Studebaker related website, let's limit this to those whose dream car is a Studebaker. Whether you already have your dream car, are in the process of building or restoring it, or, like me, are still in the dreaming stage, what would it be. What year? What model? Body Style? Engine/tranny? Accessories? Color? Original or modified? This is fantasy land.

My dream car is a 1951 Commander.

I could live with any body style, although I think a business coupe is a moot point since there was supposedly only one Commander business coupe ever made. My first choice would be evenly tied between a convertible and a four door sedan. I always loved convertibles, but was always facinated by the suicide doors. A starlight coupe would run a very close second choice and a two door sedan and the one business coupe, if it still exists, would be evenly tied for third. Either the Regal or State trim level, where applicable, would be okay.

A Stude engine is requisite for me, but by choice I would power my dream car with a later model 289. As for the tranny, definitely three-speed overdrive. I haven't had an automatic tranny car for years and I never plan to have another one. I just prefer manual.

My dream car would look very original with the floor pedals, column shift, wide whitewall tires and stock wheel covers, but have modern conveniences such as integral power steering, front disc brakes, preferable power, air conditioning, and radial tires. I want to accomplish this using as many authentic Studebaker parts as posible. I want the car to look good and look original, but leaving it in the garage and trailering it to shows is not for me. That would spoil the fun of having the car.

Definitely want an original color. Maui Blue, Commanche Red, Black Cherry are among the original colors I especailly like.

Alright, fellow members, tell us about your dream car. Inquring minds want to know. As a last thought, of all the safety equipment the auto manufactures have devised, there is one hazard that no one had ever found a safety device to protect us against...the loose nut behind the wheel.

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Studedude1961
07-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Go ahead and laugh but my dream car(s) are the underappreciated 1958 Studebaker Starlight Hardtop or 1958 Packard Hardtop (not Hawk). A couple of these rare cars have surfaced recently on eBay and I was sorely tempted! Anyone else like these rare machines?

Studedude1961
'63 Cruiser

Sam Roberts
07-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Dave,

A few years ago a dealer in Huntington, Indiana had a Tan & Black 1958 Packard HT, and I thought it was the ugliest thing ever produced by Studebaker. Maybe a different color would help though. Those double layered fins suck IMHO. I prefer the regular 1958 Studebakers over the Packrat model.;):D

quote:Originally posted by Studedude1961

Go ahead and laugh but my dream car(s) are the underappreciated 1958 Studebaker Starlight Hardtop or 1958 Packard Hardtop (not Hawk). A couple of these rare cars have surfaced recently on eBay and I was sorely tempted! Anyone else like these rare machines?

Studedude1961
'63 Cruiser

Sam Roberts

studegary
07-10-2005, 09:48 PM
We owned a 1958 Packard hardtop for nine years. It was red and white, like the posters/ads, and had a rare red and black all vinyl interior option. I have only seen one other all vinyl optional interior (for a '58 Packard hardtop) and it wasn't in a car. In this area, and in the Hudson Valley Chapter, two of us had red and white '58 Packard hardtops for many of the same years. The other one belonged to Paul V. who many of you are aware of. His car originally belonged to the mother of the Knight brothers that owned the local Studebaker dealership. We both liked the cars. I can remember taking it to an AACA meet and being told that I had to park in the parking lot because it was too new. This same local AACA meet is now mostly '70s-'80s cars. My wife usually drove it to work at a bank. Many people came to me at my work to tell me about this modified Studebaker that they spotted. Even after I explained that I owned it, most didn't believe that it was stock and that it was a Packard.

I should state that I have owned many (more than 50) different Studebaker models and my favorite is the 1953 Commander Starliner.

steve_smith54
07-11-2005, 11:29 AM
I truly understand what you mean about lack of funds. As you said, one can always dream. A former co-worker subscribed to the philosophy when you cease to dream you cease to live.

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

That's easy. Just making the choice is difficult. Only one??? Well the choice starts with my granmum's cars; a 1932 Pierce Arrow Town Brougham (Studebaker owned P.A. at the time...) burgandy with black fenders and roof. Or her 62 Lark Regal wagon, Light blue with dark blue interior. Another would be either a '56 President Classic or '57 Packard(baker) Clipper Town Sedan either in two tone blue (if available), then again maybe both. Of course a garage would be essential for these fine cars. Being that I'll not have the funds in the near future, or ever, one can only dream, pleasant dreams...

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker

Sam Roberts
07-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I agree with your philosophy, but sometimes the dream you had is replaced by reality, and then you have to create a new dream! :):D[8D][:p];)[:0][^]

I truly understand what you mean about lack of funds. As you said, one can always dream. A former co-worker subscribed to the philosophy when you cease to dream you cease to live.

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker

Sam Roberts

steve_smith54
07-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I could live with my dream being replaced by reality and a new dream.

SoCal54Champion
07-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Say Mr Biggs...
I threw in my two cents worth and then when promptly on a weeks vacation....
"Two fer the price of one" on a Lark. Probably cant do it this year ($$$$) but, if you have a free minute and are so inclined to want to email me off the discussion board with some basic details....
I drove to N Cal up U.S. Hwy 395 and saw several old Studebakers parked, catching their death of sunburn. A four door 64 Lark and a pretty trashed Transtar and maybe one other.

"Oh That? It's a STUDEBAKER!!"

studeclunker
07-17-2005, 03:54 AM
I can't stand any of the '58s. The Packard was, again, done better than the stude though. I really like the '57 Packard Clipper Town Sedan.[:p] But if anyone wanted to give me any one of the '58s that was in good condition I would'nt complain.:D Now my '52 I complain about. It hurts to look at it.[xx(]

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker

DilloCrafter
07-17-2005, 11:22 PM
The most beautiful production model to me is the 53 Starliner.

But, if "Dream Car" means a vehicle I could never hope to actually own, it might be the one-of-a-kind Studebaker "Rocketeer", which is a 50 or 51 that was chopped and modified to the extreme conclusion of what the Studebaker designers started with their aero-like look.

The link, with several painted versions of the same car is here:
http://www.citlink.net/~junge/PH/PH-05-Rocketeer.htm

and here's one of the photos to get your interest piqued:

http://www.relicsandrods.com/BNP/PH-05-Rocketeer-R-B.jpg

danweb
07-18-2005, 12:28 AM
My dream car is the 62 GT Hawk that sits in my driveway and is my daily driver. Its bone stock except for the stereo I installed.
DON`T CRUSH EM` RESTORE EM.[8D]

Sam Roberts
07-18-2005, 08:10 AM
I made the mistake of looking at the pictures too soon after eating breakfast................how do you get half digested waffles out of your keyboard? [V]:(;):D

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

But, if "Dream Car" means a vehicle I could never hope to actually own, it might be the one-of-a-kind Studebaker "Rocketeer", which is a 50 or 51 that was chopped and modified to the extreme conclusion of what the Studebaker designers started with their aero-like look.

Sam Roberts

steve_smith54
07-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Although I admit I prefer original cars, I can also appreciate the creativity that goes into modified cars. I have also said before that many of the modified cars we see started out in fairly poor condition and it is by far preferable to see them revived as modified cars as opposed to seeing them crushed and lost forever. I have seen the website this picture came from and there are some very interesting cars featured on that site.

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Roscomacaw
07-18-2005, 11:26 AM
I saw this car in person at a Stude zone meet along about '99 or so. Even if you don't like cusstoms, you have to appreciate the level of expertise it takes to make a piece like this. I never got to talk to the guy that brought it but I hafta wonder just what percentage of it is truly Studebaker. Not that that makes a difference, since it's obviously not the AIM ot the endeavor. Just curious how much GM is in the mix so far as the body's concerned.;) Judging it on it's own merit - I like it.[:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

Studedude
07-18-2005, 04:58 PM
[quote]Judging it on it's own merit - I like it.[:0]

Miscreant at large.

[:0][:0][:0][:0]

;)

Dave's Place
Studebaker Emporium
www.davesplaceinc.com

N8N
07-18-2005, 05:48 PM
I really, really like it - especially the black version. I might have done the taillights a little differently but the shape is awesome. I've always loved those old torpedo/fastback designs - wonder why there aren't any of those done in a modern idiom. They just disappeared after the early 50's and even the few designs that hinted at them sorta faded away in the early/mid 60's.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

52hawk
07-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Radio shack sells a squeeze-bulb type'blow gun' for cleaning breakfast out of keyboards![actually,they're for all types of electronic cleaning]It's not just for breakfast anymore!!!
I had to buy one after I saw some new fords on the 'puter one day.

Sam Roberts
07-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Gotta get one of them doo-hickeys, this is awful trying to type around pieces of dried waffle! :([:I];):D

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

Radio shack sells a squeeze-bulb type'blow gun' for cleaning breakfast out of keyboards![actually,they're for all types of electronic cleaning]It's not just for breakfast anymore!!!
I had to buy one after I saw some new fords on the 'puter one day.

Sam Roberts

Roscomacaw
07-18-2005, 08:15 PM
So you're "waffling" on this issue, eh Sam?[}:)] Whaddya doin' - practicin' to run fer office?[:0];)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

Sam Roberts
07-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey Big Guy,

I would never get to 1st base, I am too set in my ways I guess!:):D[8D][:p];)[:0][^]

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

So you're "waffling" on this issue, eh Sam?[}:)] Whaddya doin' - practicin' to run fer office?[:0];)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

Sam Roberts

Danarchy
07-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Cool Car!,But it looks like a Volkswagon Beetle jumping to Hyper-Space! [:p]

Dallas,Texas

52hawk
07-18-2005, 09:09 PM
I like the blonde with the tight jeans. We need to get her opinion.

MikeW
07-19-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm with N8 on this one. Amazing what the color change does for this car. In green it is not good, but in black it becomes a very nice looking auto! Again, it is neat that the ole bullet nose has appeared on so many different autos. I think it was an excellent choice for this car.

Mike
www.packardhawk.com

tonymaddux
07-21-2005, 12:32 PM
To kind of steer this thread back in the groove it started in, I guess until the wife allows it, I'll have to limit my Dream Studebaker to the one I have, although I'll dream some changes to it! 52 Commander 4 door, first I'll dream the rust holes are solid metal, and maybe dream a 3 speed with overdrive. Then as a rolling tribute to my favorite beer, (which ironically is not even available where I live) this car will be painted Shiner Bock yellow (a dark, antique sort of yellow) with a ram's head on each front door in Brown (just like on the label). Maybe leather seats with 'Shiner' embroidered into the seat backs. Hmm, wonder if those wonderful folks at the Spoetzl Brewery would like to sponsor this endeavor?