This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front seat ideas

Guys - My front seats were trash when I got the '55 two-door sedan, right down to the rusty frame, and now I'm ready to find something that'll fit. Trouble is, that heater on the floor will, no doubt, complicate another vehicle's seats fitting. I can fabricate where needed. Anybody had good luck with another car's seats? Thanks!

How were the springs on the original seat frame. Most trim shops can clean and paint the frame before putting new foam and material on it. Unless you are married to replacing the seats, you might want to talk to your trim shop first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Dave Lester (StudeDude) put in Plymouth / Dodge Sebring convertible seats that have the shoulder harness integral in the seat in his 54 coupe, so a sedan should be an easy fit.
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller

Guys - My front seats were trash when I got the '55 two-door sedan, right down to the rusty frame, and now I'm ready to find something that'll fit. Trouble is, that heater on the floor will, no doubt, complicate another vehicle's seats fitting. I can fabricate where needed. Anybody had good luck with another car's seats? Thanks!
      DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
      '37 Coupe Express
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer
      '61 Hawk
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Tom, When I bought my '64 Daytona the previous owner had finished the interior with front and back seat from a '91 Buick LeSabre. It fits so well it looks factory. Nice gray, soft and fuzzy, with 6 way power on the drivers seat. He told me they required only mounting holes in the floor for the front split seat.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Dave Lester (StudeDude) put in Plymouth / Dodge Sebring convertible seats that have the shoulder harness integral in the seat in his 54 coupe, so a sedan should be an easy fit.
          Jeff[8D]
          Close, but no ceegar. Those seats went into Goliath. [^]

Dave's Place
          Studebaker Emporium
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
          X