This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many of SDC belong to Goodguys ??

How many of the SDC members belong to Goodguys or National Street Rod Association or both ?? Members of those clubs logue thousands of miles on their cars driving cross-country. Brad

I'd guess not many...and fewer than that will admit it <g>.

-Dick-
    (GoodGuys member)
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I was (for a coupla years) a few years back.
      Didn't get much out of it. I don't go to enough of their events to make it worth while.

Comment

I was a member for a few years, it's just too expensive for me. We also have chapter members who attend GoodGuy events in their Studebakers.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I do not know thes clubs, tell me about them.

Comment

Well, NSRA is '49 and earlier 'only', and has caused innumerous Ccabs and Bulletnose's to become improperly titled.. And they don't allow racing. Goodguy's does the racing part. Both have good magazine's. Both have expensive due's and expensive show entry fee's. I'd rather just pay SDC and chapter dues put the other money toward fixin' up a Stude....
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bradnree

How many of the SDC members belong to Goodguys or National Street Rod Association or both ?? Members of those clubs logue thousands of miles on their cars driving cross-country. Brad
            DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
            '37 Coupe Express
            '37 Coupe Express Trailer
            '61 Hawk
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

There are quite a few who belong but the majority of the Stude's at the shows are not. I always try to contact all the Stude drivers to join SDC but so many times they said they had joined previously but had a purist in the local chapter give them such a bad time about modifying their car they dropped out. I try to convince them SDC does like stock and modified alike and to give it another try. Goodguys dues are currently $30 per year. Entry for Spokane is $35. This gets the car and 2 people in for all 3 days plus the usual tour the day before is free with plenty of free food. I have a great time at their events.
              Denny L

Comment

I guess "expensive" might be relative. The SDC meet in Spokane is about $48 if you bring a car. The Goodguys Nationals in Spokane is $35. Both organizations cost about $30/year. Both have excellent monthly magazines. If I could only join one or the other, it would be SDC, but I consider both "bargains".

-Dick-
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Like Dick said if I had to chose only one it would be SDC but you get a lot of value attending the Goodguys events. There is no judging but they have picks. Naturally the super high dollar cars get awards over and over but the picks are by individuals who just like a certain car. It could be just a plain old driver in primer but they have as good a chance over some super cars. I have never been picked but that is ok. I think S2D has been picked more than once. The events are just laid back and fun. Lots of different cars both stock and modified to see, huge swap meets, and vendors of all types. I have attended their events in Des Moines, IA and Scottsdale, AZ multiple times. Their monthly magazine takes longer to read than TW.
                  Denny L

Comment

READ? It's all pictures!
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bradnree

I like stock and modified--street rods. I try to be open minded about other's cars.

Comment

Sounds like only a few.....Brad

Comment

The answers given above don't mean that the situation won't change anytime soon. As younger folks join the SDC, they'll probably be more likely to belong to the NSRA, GoodGuys, Kustom Kemps - or whatever. The real problem with be the people that have fond memories of Grandad's Lexus, BMW, or Infinity. I keep telling my chapter members to show those Studebakers at OTHER shows, not just ZONE MEETS. We cannot keep "preaching to the choir" and expect growth. We have to get out "among the great unwashed" and "spread the Studebaker Gospel". The only way the SDC will survive, is to become "Evangelical" in our thoughts & actions. ELSE WE DIE! And the preservation of Studes won't soon matter if the choice is between modification or crushing. That's what's REALLY coming - like it, or not! (Try & tell me I'm wrong)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

The answers given above don't mean that the situation won't change anytime soon. As younger folks join the SDC, they'll probably be more likely to belong to the NSRA, GoodGuys, Kustom Kemps - or whatever. The real problem with be the people that have fond memories of Grandad's Lexus, BMW, or Infinity. I keep telling my chapter members to show those Studebakers at OTHER shows, not just ZONE MEETS. We cannot keep "preaching to the choir" and expect growth. We have to get out "among the great unwashed" and "spread the Studebaker Gospel". The only way the SDC will survive, is to become "Evangelical" in our thoughts & actions. ELSE WE DIE! And the preservation of Studes won't soon matter if the choice is between modification or crushing. That's what REALLY coming - like it, or not! (Try & tell me I'm wrong)
                            Right on Chris! Well put. There are so many ways to enjoy the "car hobby" and Studebakers specifically. I actually feel sorry for those that can only have fun with a tiny slice of the "pie".

-Dick-
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well, Dick - I'm not just a "Studebaker guy", I'm a "Car Guy". The ONLY reason I'm in the SDC is because I bought a Studebaker, not a Henry J, Hudson, or other orphan car. (I like old flathead Fords, but everybody does old Fords, right?) If I had bought something else, I would be in that particular club & making the best of that's club's world.

Comment

Working...
                              X