This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Law Won

[)]Ok guys, I'll be back in 12 months. After a 3 year battle with the IRS, I'm going to be their "guest" for the next 12 months beginning 20 June. Who knows? Maybe I'll come back a bit thinner. I have no idea if I'll have any internet, i'm guessing not. Take care all.

steve blake

Yipes! Are you serious, Steve? Say it isn't so! Ouch!

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz

[)]Ok guys, I'll be back in 12 months. After a 3 year battle with the IRS, I'm going to be their "guest" for the next 12 months beginning 20 June. Who knows? Maybe I'll come back a bit thinner. I have no idea if I'll have any internet, i'm guessing not. Take care all.

steve blake
    BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

[)]I wish it wasn't , but unfortunately, it is. Wasn't intentional, but those people are ruthless. At least it will finally be over. The last 3 years have been , well... Hell

steve blake
      steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
      http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Steve, I hope that this will be the end of your issues.

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        62 Daytona hardtop
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Steve, you know I hate to hear this. Come back to us when they let you out. And be sure to check in if you can over the next year. Damned shame there's real "criminals" walkin' free while they host you for a time![}]
          Hey, once you get where you're goin', call me - tie some bedsheets together and I'll swing by with the Provincial after bedcheck![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Let me know if you make it to Oakdale, LA... minimum security I believe. I'm in Alexandria, about 35 miles north... and I'm a lawyer. Maybe can pay a visit. P.O. Box 13612, Alexandia, LA 71315. Good luck

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mjeansonne

Let me know if you make it to Oakdale, LA... minimum security I believe. I'm in Alexandria, about 35 miles north... and I'm a lawyer. Maybe can pay a visit. P.O. Box 13612, Alexandia, LA 71315. Good luck

sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

[)]I just found out that I'll be in a minimum security "camp" at Big Spring, Texas

steve blake

Comment

I guess this means you're not buying the clutch disc?

Comment

Casey, I remailed your check for the clutch disk today. And, oh by the way, thanks for your concern <grrrr>

steve blake

Comment

Golly, Steve, I'm sure sorry to hear that.
                      Maybe while you are "inside", you can get trained up so as to able to "steal" a whole lot more. Then you could come to Canada and become a cabinet minister.

All kidding aside, it's a shame that we have to lose your company for a while. I certainly enjoyed the brief visit I had with you last Fall.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Hey, gang, He's taking this like the glass is half full. When he and Marla brought the Champ out for me to babysit, we all had a good visit and then he started to get in Marla's little bitty convertible,she put the top down before I could get the camcorder.

Gib

Comment

Just thinking about Steve... hope we hear from him soon...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Comment

Funny how debtor's prison was outlawed eons ago, but somehow those standards don't apply when it's the government being owed.
                            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz

[)]I just found out that I'll be in a minimum security "camp" at Big Spring, Texas

steve blake
                              I used to live in Abliene, a couple of hours east of there....and I've driven by your new place. It's next to an old Air Force Base, and has decent looking facilities (better than the AF guys had in the 60s...when I grew up on AF bases).
                              There's a tri-five Chevy yard there..and a neat Army suplus place with lots of weird trucks and a Huey helicopter out front...but I suspect you won't have a lot of free time to check 'em out.
                              It's hot and dusty, but not as bad as Phoenix or Tucson.

Hang in there...remember you'll have friends here when you get out.

And if it's any consolation, I had a boss who spent six years in the "Hanoi Hilton" getting the living daylights beat out of him weekly...he said he came out strong than when he went in...

63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X