This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• show tomorrow,Gusher Days

MY 1955 President will be in Gusher Days tomorrow , in Seminole ,OK. This oil bust town is remembering its oil boom of past years. We are new to the area so I have no idea how the President will be received, she is one beautiful car, white over yellow. Perhaps four paint chips , interior is very very good original.

quote:Originally posted by curt

MY 1955 President will be in Gusher Days tomorrow , in Seminole ,OK. This oil bust town is remembering its oil boom of past years. We are new to the area so I have no idea how the President will be received, she is one beautiful car, white over yellow. Perhaps four paint chips , interior is very very good original.
    Good grief. I've got the car and truck all ready for a show tomorrow, but have been pondering which one to go to. Trying to decide between Ponca City, Shawnee, or Sapulpa. Now, I find out there is one in Seminole.

Decisions, decisions!

Dave's Place
    Studebaker Emporium
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Dave, Spread yourself thin, take the car to one, the truch to another. Folks will enjoy your rides.

Tom Bredehoft
      '53 Commander Coupe
      '60 Lark VI

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Tom B

Dave, Spread yourself thin, take the car to one, the truch to another. Folks will enjoy your rides.
        That would be a deal, but I'm spread plenty thin already!

The show I picked was large, 287 vehicles registared. 'Sheba did OK, she placed in the top three in a rather large class. Goliath did not place, but he is the only "classic" truck I saw there that worked his way to the show and back home. Although he didn't "place," in the show, his registration # was drawn for the grand prize drawing, and he got me round trip tickets for two to anywhere in the contintal United States I might care to go. Haven't read the fine print yet, but it was promoted as being a great deal.

Got home just in time to shower, change clothes, and report to the EOC for storm watch duty. The first battery of storms missed us, so I sent the spotters home, but we are still monitering the situation at the EOC. I'm a spread thin, tired puppy![xx(]

Dave's Place
        Studebaker Emporium
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

My '55 President got second in class, 1950 to 1970 stock. A late 60's Shelby Ford placed first. I think a 1961 Impala should have been first,it did not place.

Comment

Way cool!
            So book your free flight (with the misses) for next January to Tampa and a Stude will pick you up and drop you off...
            You can attend the second annual "The Villages' Studebaker Days show at 'The Villages'...
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:Originally posted by Tom B

That would be a deal, but I'm spread plenty thin already!

The show I picked was large, 287 vehicles registared. 'Sheba did OK, she placed in the top three in a rather large class. Goliath did not place, but he is the only "classic" truck I saw there that worked his way to the show and back home. Although he didn't "place," in the show, his registration # was drawn for the grand prize drawing, and he got me round trip tickets for two to anywhere in the contintal United States I might care to go. Haven't read the fine print yet, but it was promoted as being a great deal.

Got home just in time to shower, change clothes, and report to the EOC for storm watch duty. The first battery of storms missed us, so I sent the spotters home, but we are still monitering the situation at the EOC. I'm a spread thin, tired puppy![xx(]

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
            '37 Coupe Express
            '37 Coupe Express Trailer
            '61 Hawk
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I took my Ivory Mist '53 Commander Coupe (no moniker) to a small show Saturday (Pataskala, Ohio) (told you it was a small show) and won First Place in Class, (50s stock). Proud as Punch. There was a great Turquoise and white 55 Ford Victoria that should have won, or a equally great 57 Chevy, and others. Like I said, Proud as Punch.

Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe
              '60 Lark VI

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Way cool!
                So book your free flight (with the misses) for next January to Tampa and a Stude will pick you up and drop you off...
                You can attend the second annual "The Villages' Studebaker Days show at 'The Villages'...
                Jeff[8D]

I would do just that, but I have decided to use the tickets to go somewhere What's Her Face would want to go, and do what she would want to do. She would like FLA, but would hate the car show part. I've been meaning to let her call the shots for a trip for several years now, and it's high time I deliver. She had a trip all planned out just about the time I had to decide whether or not to take the job offer... and we know what happened then. [B)]
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                X