This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adhesive/Engine Compartment Insulation

I am replacing the Insulation on the underside of the hood on my 1960 Hawk. I already have the new material. Any suggestions on what adhesive I should use to make it stick to the hood?

I had a Kaiser with magnets as the insulation 'glue'. They were on the car when I purchased it. They worked.

Comment

3M makes a rattle-can spray adhesive that works great. I used it on my 60 Hawk's new pad. I do not recall the exact name, however... but it may be labeled for trim and/or insulation, etc. It sprays on very stringy, so be careful. I followed the directions and it stayed up right where I stuck it. Remember, the smooth side of the pad gets the adhesive.

-BShaw
      Webmaster
      60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
      sigpic
      Bob Shaw
      Rush City, Minnesota
      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

3M Super Trim Adhesive or something like that, in a spray can. Follow the directions it works great, but don't forget to cover the engine and front end of the car because the stuff will splatter all over!
        Tim K.
        Tim K.
        \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

3M is the way to go, just make sure you stick the right side up. Don't know about a Hawk, but there was a lot of debate on which way the Avanti pad goes on. I'm still not sure. Be careful with the pad. The fabric (smooth side) pulls off the insulation pretty easy.

63 R2 Avanti

Comment

Working...
          X