Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigsy, a Zip Van for you!

Bob,

This thing is right up your alley. Just clean it up and you could deliver all your fruits and vegetables to the local farmer's market in it. Don't let it get away!

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Gary, you were right. I emailed you through the Forum on Sunday and it came back undelivered.
    Eric Studebaker (ERJOST on this Forum) is looking for a Commander six for his Champ.
    This also poses a question. What would be involved in making a 245cid from a smaller displacement Commander six?

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    33 Rockne 10
    51 commander Starlight
    53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Gary, you were right. I emailed you through the Forum on Sunday and it came back undelivered.
      Eric Studebaker (ERJOST on this Forum) is looking for a Commander six for his Champ.
      This also poses a question. What would be involved in making a 245cid from a smaller displacement Commander six?

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      33 Rockne 10
      51 commander Starlight
      53 Commander Starlight
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Well, it is in So. Calif. a lot closer to StudeRoss in Riverside area!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, it is in So. Calif. a lot closer to StudeRoss in Riverside area!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I've said this here before - I was looking at one of these in a Fresno wrecking yard some years ago. Guy was willing to sell it to me for $450 IIRC. My thoughts were to fix it up and use it on one of the contract mail routes in this area.
            Of course, even tho I (supposedly) had "veterans preferance" in being selected to run a route, there were other factors that worked against me (even tho I aced the carriers test that they made me take). As to those "other factors" - this is not the forum to discuss them and I have long since gotten over the fact that I didn't get a route.
            In spite of that, I've often thought I might like to have one of these to just get around in. Anyone know what was the standard rear ratio in these? I've heard they're pretty squirrely in high winds or over about 50 MPH!
            Maybe I could buy this thing and use it to run an ice cream route![:0] Hey kiddies! Try our Lark bar or the Hawk Sundae. Or how about a Champsicle? How about the Starlight Scoop with the optional chocolate hard-topping?[]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've said this here before - I was looking at one of these in a Fresno wrecking yard some years ago. Guy was willing to sell it to me for $450 IIRC. My thoughts were to fix it up and use it on one of the contract mail routes in this area.
              Of course, even tho I (supposedly) had "veterans preferance" in being selected to run a route, there were other factors that worked against me (even tho I aced the carriers test that they made me take). As to those "other factors" - this is not the forum to discuss them and I have long since gotten over the fact that I didn't get a route.
              In spite of that, I've often thought I might like to have one of these to just get around in. Anyone know what was the standard rear ratio in these? I've heard they're pretty squirrely in high winds or over about 50 MPH!
              Maybe I could buy this thing and use it to run an ice cream route![:0] Hey kiddies! Try our Lark bar or the Hawk Sundae. Or how about a Champsicle? How about the Starlight Scoop with the optional chocolate hard-topping?[]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Would the Turning Wheels get here sooner--[?]or later[?] in a Zip Van being driven by Mr Biggs[?] One of those "Imponderables", I guess.

KURTRUK
                (read it when it gets here)
                (still waiting)
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Would the Turning Wheels get here sooner--[?]or later[?] in a Zip Van being driven by Mr Biggs[?] One of those "Imponderables", I guess.

KURTRUK
                  (read it when it gets here)
                  (still waiting)
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Probably later .Bob probably stop under a shade tree and read every one of them .lol

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Probably later .Bob probably stop under a shade tree and read every one of them .lol

Comment

Are you kidding[:0][?][?][?] The day the TWs arrived at the post office, I'd run around and deliver them FIRST, before ANY OTHER MAIL got delivered. DAMN BETCHA!

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Are you kidding[:0][?][?][?] The day the TWs arrived at the post office, I'd run around and deliver them FIRST, before ANY OTHER MAIL got delivered. DAMN BETCHA!

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Just joshin ya Bob i knew you deliver them asap.

Comment

Just joshin ya Bob i knew you deliver them asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X