This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it all mean?

OK, Mr. Biggs will probably get this one.

What does my vin numbers mean. The actual VIN is 63V1814 ( I had this answered earlier) The engine badge is, 63V Y4 267.

Thanks

Studie newbie

OK, This is ALL there is to that serial #. It doesn't hold alot of mystery like modern-day VIN numbers do. It's REAL simple and straightforward (like me[}])

63V1814 means it's the 814th 1963 V8 car built (V8 Hawks and V8 Larks were all lumped together as far as serial#s go). The FIRST 1963 car bore the serial# of 63V1001. So 63V1814 means it's the 814th V8 1963 car. That's ALL there is to that VIN #

As to the body tag 63V says this BODY (not the whole car, mind you) - this body was destined to be for a 1963 V8 car. Further, the Y4 specifies this BODY as being configured for "Y"-bodied (long wheelbased 4-door) with "Regal" trim (that's what the number 4 designates)
    The 267 simply means it was the 267th 63V-Y4 body to be welded up for future use on the production line.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

So how do I find out if my engine, etc. is correct?
      Is there additional data plates for that as well?

Studie newbie

Comment

Hi George! The only way to tell if your car has its original engine is to order a production order from the Stude museum..Send them your vin# and $25.00 .The production order will show what equipment the car was built with,and the engine number installed in your car.
        In case you don't know, the STUDEBAKER NATIONAL MUSEUM.Take a look at their great website,you can get all the info you need from there!![Production orders are sold through the gift shop] Welcome to Studebakering!!!

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
        X