X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 'kid' has a Hawk

Hello to all,

Just purchased from EBay a 61 Hawk, had a brand new one when I was really a kid and this is my dream car. It needs some help, not alot, its actually in pretty good shape, but does have some body damage.

I'm going to need the pricey stuff, a hood, a drivers side fender and the pot metal chrome around the side grilles. I'm watching Ebay closely, but thought there may be someone 'out there' that may know a more predictable method of obtaining these things.

I'm in Southern Illinois, a trip to KY, IN, IA, MO, TN, would not be a real stretch, I just got back from DAvenport, IA for a radiator, front bumper and side grilles, very profitable, the hood and fenders were too far gone to be of any use.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Gene

Are you a member of the S.D.C.? Turning Wheels the club publication, has ads for this kind of thing regularly. Joining a local chapter is a good idea too. Some people join several locals. The more connections the more resources.

By the way, I forgot, welcome to the crowd. This group has the best support group around. To see the proof of that look at Justin's saga in this forum. I believe it's called cross country in a 53 sedan.

Lotsa Larks!
    Studeclunker
    A.K.A: out2lunch
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Gene,

Did you buy the one on Ebay that was hit hard in the front? Seems like it was down in Georgia.

1965 Studebaker Cruiser

Comment

Thanks for the replies, yes, I did become an SDC member, awaiting first copy of Turning Wheels..I've heard its a wealth of info..

No, didn't buy the Georgia car, it was in Moline, IL..funny story goes with this. When I got the car home, all instruments worked except the tach, so under the dash I went to investigate. Taped to the upper dash was an envelope. I pulled it out, and it was addressed to 'New owner of the 61 Hawk'. Inside was a little note from the previous owner with his name, address and phone number, dated Oct 1994. the car had been stored all that time. I gave him a call, he lives in IA. The car had been in an accident, he was hit in the front by a woman who ran a stop sign. He was very glad to hear the car had found a 'home', and I hope to meet him someday at a meet, as he now has a 59 hawk. Its been fun so far having this car and I haven't got it out of the driveway yet, although it's made abunch of trips up and down it!

Thanks again
        Gene

Comment

Working...
        X