Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all. I'd like to introduce myself. I am 29 Live near Eugene Oregon, and have just got my 65 Commander back on the road as my daily driver. I'm displaying it in a local car show tomorrow and would like to make up a data sheet to put in the window, with things like production numbers, price, etc. I can't seem to find the info in any of my books so am hoping that someone here can help me.

Thank you much

Whaddya wanna know[?] Tell me what engine it has, how many doors it has and I can give you the figures you seek.

Oh! And welcome aboard! How long have you owned your Commander? Are you a member of SDC? If not - why not?[}] Either way, we're glad you're here. After the car show, come back and tell us how your Commander was recieved there.

Miscreant at large.[}]
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi. It is a 4 door, 6 cylinder. It has a 1984 Chevy 250 ci in it.

Comment

oops I didn't see your other questions I've owned it since 2002. I just joined the club. I'll see about posting a pic or 2 from the show.

Here's a link to a pic from the same show in 2003. http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/O.../DSCF0378a.jpg

Comment

I guess what I'm looking for is how many were built, what the original price was , and maybe some of the options that were available. Mine has the twin traction rear end.

Comment

Another 65! I've got a six cylinder Cruiser. I got my production figures from Art Unger with Turning Wheels. Join the club and have fun!

Check out my website for pics of my Cruiser.

1965 Studebaker Cruiser

Comment

4dr 6cylinder - 4,319 built That model (S-Y4), Commander4dr, 6cyl was priced at $2,230 and weighed in at 2,815lbs

Serial numbers for 1965 6cyl cars started off with C-110001 for the first one. The HP rating of the 194cu.in. engine was listed as 120HP@4400RPM

Some of the many options are Twin Traction rear axle ($45.00), Hill Holder($11.85,) BU lites ($8.00), oil bath air cleaner ($7.00), AM-FM radio ($129.50), Wire-style wheelcovers ($68.00) Air Conditioner ($273.73), Power brakes ($?), Disc Brakes ($97.95) and many, many more. Some cost as little as 3 dollars with the most expensive being the A/C system at $273.

The '65 Studes were promoted as "The Common Sense Car" on the strength of the idea that they'd cost less because the company would hold firm with the configuration and not spend great amounts of money in annual restyling.
              They even compared their product to the VW beetle saying that while VW had the same idea, there was no comparison in room and comfort.

Miscreant at large.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you for the info Mr. Biggs. I'll print it out and put it in the window at the show tomorrow.

Comment

Good looking car. Check out the many Stude books being sold by the Stude parts vendors. There's a lot of good info that you're looking for. You might also want to check out the Transportation dept. in Borders book stores. They usually have some of those books in stock.
                  Best of luck and welcome to The Studebaker Drivers Club.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Welcome to the club Commander65. You might want to get a build sheet from the Studebaker National Museum. All you need is to send them the VIN# and $25.00. It will tell you how your car left the factory.
                    Jeff
                    Jeff Sheaffer
                    Driving the past into the future

Comment

I just got back from the show. The car ran great and was the only Studebaker out of 250-300 cars. Only a few people really looked her over though. I guess that's what happens when you're parked between a stunning 1960 Plymouth Fury convertible and a 1940 Ford hotrod. All in all it was a good time.

Comment

Working...
                      X