This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this insignia???

I have been looking for a 1960 LARK 4-Door Station Wagon (and I still am !) , and I keep running across this insignia "TT" on the tailgates. Is it a Dealer? or an accessory/option package? Any Help or Input would be Appreciated!-DAN

Dallas,Texas

TT = Twin Traction. Studebaker's answer to Positraction. Limited slip rear axle.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It means Really neat car!! This car will get stuck less etc...[8D]

By the way, neat looking tailgate. Does the rest of the car look that good?[8D]

Lotsa Larks!
      Studeclunker
      A.K.A: out2lunch
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

that wagon is on eBay right now. Got some rust/rot(From MN.)and I would rather find a solid body and build from there. It looks nice, but I am afraid it's hiding something???
        TWIN-TRACTION-that's good to know. Was there variations in gearing on TT rear-ends?

Dallas,Texas

Comment

The TT stands for Twin Traction, or a limited slip differential. It was NOT, as someone stated, "Studebaker's answer to Positraction." Studebaker-Packard came out with Twin Traction (1956 model year,IIRC)before GM had Positraction, so you might say that Positraction is GM's answer to Twin Traction. TT came in a whole range of differential ratios.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary likes semantics[}] That's OK, so do I.[)] Gary - that "Somebody" was me. I know you're not THAT old.
            Yes, having been developed for Packard, TT debuted on Studebakers in 1957. And whatever gears the non-TT rears came with, you could get with TT too. Type 23 - type 27 - type 44 rears - all available with TT

Miscreant at large.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, Bob, I did know that it was you that made the statement. I just thought it to be more polite not to mention names <G>.
              Studebaker-Packard's Twin Traction was available on Studebaker half ton trucks for the 1956 model year and for Studebaker cars beginning with the 1957 model year.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X