This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Panels for LARK wagon???

I am looking at a 1960 LARK wagon that is rusted out behind the rear wheels and the metal has been cut away. Is there a source for patch panels for this part of these cars? I have found floor pans and frame mounts, just no patch panels! Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated.
    Also, will a CHAMP grill fit on a LARK?

Dallas,Texas

the grill will fit on the Lark.[:I] The whole front clip is from a Lark. It'll look silly.[)] If you need a grill, let me look at gustafson's (local junker, no not my cars...[:I] a dealer). I believe he has a '60. If not I know he has several '62's and their grills would look a sight better on your car than one from a Champ.[8D]

Lotsa Larks!
    Studeclunker
    A.K.A: out2lunch
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I believe everything you've asked about is available NOS from SASCO.
      I'm pretty sure....

Comment

Check with SASCO! They have NOS panels for Lark 2-doors and 4-doors,most can be bought for less than the cost of 'patch panels'for belly button cars. SASCO- 317-462-3124

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I think the # you gave is Studebaker International, and not SASCO! [:I]

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

Check with SASCO! They have NOS panels for Lark 2-doors and 4-doors,most can be bought for less than the cost of 'patch panels'for belly button cars. SASCO- 317-462-3124

Sam Roberts

Comment

so the rear panel that SASCO lists for 2 & 4 door will work on a wagon? Looks like I only need 6" to 8" from behind the rear wheel to the bumper. SASCO doesn't have a picture of them on their web-site?
            Does anyone know if the have a printed catalog? Didn't see one mentioned on their site either??? -Thanks Dan

Dallas,Texas

Comment

I'm gettin old.The SASCO # is 574-287-3381 or 800-722-4295. But anyway,last week I know I saw lots of rear 'fenders'in the $45 price range.The 59-60 sheetmetal was easy to find.Available patch panels for brand-x cars start at about$45,but that buys a complete NOS panel for a Studebaker.The area you need for repair could be chopped off,and used as a patch,or maybe they will have the correct panel and you could use the whole thing.My body parts catalogue lists the rear quarters for 1960 wagon, right 1337002 left 1337003

Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Hey, did you see 1960 4-door wagon on ebay right now. I saw it and thought I let ya'll know. Take care.

Nate

Comment

Thanks Nate, I have been watching it. I am a bit worried about the rust on that one(MN). I live around alot of DRY states without the rust/roadsalt issue, so I am going to keep looking. I would rather have a Rust-Free shell of a car then replace every panel.

Dallas,Texas

Comment

Actually there are three on the e-bay right now. Two are TT cars.[8D] Danarchy, you might be wise bidding on the one, The price seems to have gone a tad high, still the interior is really nice.[8D] With the exterior suffering from so much rust count on having to replace the floors as well.[}] This will set you back between 5-600. All in all, the door panels are worth that on this one.[:I] Might be a good idea to look into one of the others offered as parts cars as well...[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
                    Studeclunker
                    A.K.A: out2lunch
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Danarchy,
                      I havn't been keeping up to date with the forum. Since school let out, I havn't been near a computer too often. How are the auctions coming? Did you get a wagon yet? I live up here in PA so rust is a common thing to deal with. I hope to move to Texas or out West some day where I can have a ranch and rust-free Studes.

Nate

Comment

Nate- I Didn't buy any of the ones on eBay as I have a line on a few others. I am a fairly patient person, I can wait a month or two for the right car to pop-up! Now that I know some of the differences between the 6 cyl. cars and the V8 cars(Auto & 3spd w/OD) I think I can make a better decision. I am looking for a 1960 (4-door)wagon with a V8 from the factory and 3 speed standard transmission with Overdrive(preferrably with a Dana44 Twin-Traction Rear-end)
                        If I can't find it all in one car, I know a place that probably has All the pieces! Still on the Hunt!

Dallas,Texas

Comment

Working...
                        X