This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my 1st Studebaker !

New to the club, and looking to buy my very first (and only! Ha!)Studebaker.
    I am looking for a 1960 LARK(4-door)Regal trim Station wagon preferably with a V8 and Automatic tranmission, but will consider any [u]1960</u> (4-door) wagon Regal or Deluxe trim.
    Thanks! and I appreciate any Help or Leads!-Dan

Dan, surely you look at the offerings on ebay. 59-60 Larks (they're virtually the same, save for there was no 4-door wagon in '59)are pretty common fare on ebay.
    Let us know where you are, geographically. That might help in the search. And if you DO see one on ebay, ask if someone here is close enough to check it out for you. Read Justin's saga here as to what can happen if you buy a car solely on the basis of it's ebay presentation. And that's not to say that the seller of Justin's car was determined to fool someone. It's just that some folks assessment of a car can be WAY different from how someone else might evaluate it![}]
    Couple years ago, a friend of mine here bought a solid, running, driving 60 Lark V8 4dr for $500 bucks! Man, save for needing upholstery, it was a nice car. I couldn't believe it when I found out he parted it out after owning it a few months!
    Deals are STILL out there! Check your local thrifty nickle classified ad papers. Watch local newspapers. Fact is, there's a stash of 17 Larks and trucks near the coast for sale. But I've not seen them.[:I]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Mr.Biggs! I am in Dallas,Texas, and very versed in the ways of eBay.(also in the purchasing of old cars sight unseen)
      I am just looking for a 1960 LARK 4-door wagon, after doing some research into the different year & model Larks I narrowed my focus to this one particular car.(not that I don't like the other ones, the 4-door wagon is more family functional, and I really like the 59/60 body style. no 4-door wagon in 59 though!)
      17 Larks on the coast? What coast would that be? and isn't saltwater a major contributor to that Rust stuff?

Dallas,Texas

Comment

Salt rust isn't as bad on the west coast as it is on the east. Not to say that it does'nt happen, just not as bad out here. Our problem on the north coast is moisture.[}] Just plain wet all the time. If you are familliar with e-bay then you know that a [u]California car </u>is one of the most sought after oldsters there are.[8D] Or is it just this state?

Lotsa Larks!
        Studeclunker
        A.K.A: out2lunch
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

You know, there is a really nice 63 Cruiser for sale on this forum.[8D] If you had seen the pictures you might believe the 9k claim...[:0]

Lotsa Larks!
          Studeclunker
          A.K.A: out2lunch
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

READ THE POST: [u]1960 LARK (4-door)Wagon ONLY!</u>
            being from Texas, I'm not going to get in the middle of your(studecluncker) East Coast - West Coast being better.
            (sounds like a Gang Thing!)
            [B)]

Dallas,Texas

Comment

[:I]Hey Dan, OK City isn't a bad drive for you. There is a '60 Lark V8 4-door wagon for sale there. I'm sure it's still for sale as the guy has a fantasy idea of what it's worth. But, maybe you could reason with him. Or, possibly cousin Guido could "make him an offer"..... I saw it on www.collectorcartraderonline.com
              He sent pictures. I think it's probably worth $5K if it's as nice as the pictures. See if you can find the listing. If not, maybe i can drag it up

steve blake
              steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Thanks Steve! I was not able to find the ad??? OK city is close! I would be interested! -Dan

Dallas,Texas

Comment

[:I]Here ya go, Dan. I found his phone # 405-946-3915

steve blake

Comment

Steve Blake- Any chance you could post or send the pictures of the car in Okalhoma City? Can't seem to get ahold of a real person to talk to, and I have an aversion to answering machines of people I do not know.-Thanks Dan

Dallas,Texas

Comment

Steve Blake-Finally got ahold of a real person to talk to, and the car was SOLD (actually it was a 1959 (2-door wagon)-Thanks Dan

Dallas,Texas

Comment

[:I]That's amazing that it sold. I had forgotten that it was a 2-door. It was solid, straight and running, but he was asking $12,500 for it at the time. I thought it would be for sale for a LONG time

steve blake

Comment

I don't know how much of a project you'd accept, but there is your very car on eBay right now: item #4546676573. Project car ?&gt;

Comment

Thanks Jack- I've been watching that one! I know where another project car is in [u]rough</u>ly the same shape and thought I might be able to make one complete car from both. I am still looking though!

Dallas,Texas

Comment

Working...
                            X