Paint for the Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint for the Commander

I'm starting to get ready for the Big Push--disassembly of the car (which we put together unpainted to make sure everything fit the way we wanted) and while priming the doors, hood, trunk lid and some other assorted small bits, decided to shoot a small amount of color to see if the car looked "right" in that color. Looks like this--

The picture shows up more blue than green, so it's off a few shades. But so far, the key decision makers (wife and kids) think it's pretty cool, and just right for a color to show off its chrome.

'53 Commander
    '53 Commander
    Art Morrison chassis
    LS6 ASA/4L60E

I like the color, but I've got to tell you, that picture is HUGE [:0]. I need 4 screens to see it all.

Check the "sticky" at the top of this page on posting pictures. This one would work better and folks on dial up might actually be able to see that beautiful hood.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I like the color, but I've got to tell you, that picture is HUGE [:0]. I need 4 screens to see it all.

Check the "sticky" at the top of this page on posting pictures. This one would work better and folks on dial up might actually be able to see that beautiful hood.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

You know, the funny thing is that the picture isn't that big; it shouldn't have come across in such a mondo size. I must have fouled up the process somewhere. Sorry, I'll attempt a redo.

'53 Commander
        '53 Commander
        Art Morrison chassis
        LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

You know, the funny thing is that the picture isn't that big; it shouldn't have come across in such a mondo size. I must have fouled up the process somewhere. Sorry, I'll attempt a redo.

'53 Commander
          '53 Commander
          Art Morrison chassis
          LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

According to the info when I right click on the picture it is 1944 pixels wide. The best size for the forum is between 640 to 700 pixels.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

According to the info when I right click on the picture it is 1944 pixels wide. The best size for the forum is between 640 to 700 pixels.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I posted this from my website, where the picture measures 1088 pixels wide. I'm not sure how is would have gotten to be almost double the size by posting it here.

'53 Commander
                '53 Commander
                Art Morrison chassis
                LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

I posted this from my website, where the picture measures 1088 pixels wide. I'm not sure how is would have gotten to be almost double the size by posting it here.

'53 Commander
                  '53 Commander
                  Art Morrison chassis
                  LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

I forgot to mention...I love the color!

Comment

I forgot to mention...I love the color!

Comment

Very nice color, but I am glad I pay premium for cable! :P Show us some (smaller) pics of the whole thing when you're done!

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
                        Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
                        Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
                        2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

Very nice color, but I am glad I pay premium for cable! :P Show us some (smaller) pics of the whole thing when you're done!

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
                          Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
                          Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
                          2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ralt12
                            I'm not sure how is would have gotten to be almost double the size by posting it here.
                            It never hurts to press that "preview" button before posting.

Also, you might modify the size now (hit the "edit" button on you posting), since I'm sure the dial up guys will give up trying to load this thread.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ralt12
                              I'm not sure how is would have gotten to be almost double the size by posting it here.
                              It never hurts to press that "preview" button before posting.

Also, you might modify the size now (hit the "edit" button on you posting), since I'm sure the dial up guys will give up trying to load this thread.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X