PDA

View Full Version : Turning Wheels 8-2002

andrej tupolew
03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi,

recently I found the front-cover of the above mentioned issue of TW somewhere in the net. I know some of the Studebaker/Packard prototypes, but have never seen this car before. Maybe anybody knows how this Studebaker-Packard model was called and which year it has been built ? I would be happy about any kind of information concerning that one. Front is giving us a lot of '56 Predictor, what do You think ?

Greets,

at (Hamburg, Germany)

andrej tupolew
03-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Nobody is keepin' his old mags ...

I read about that this picture is a fake - well, very funny for an august issue.

Bye.

Roscomacaw
03-27-2005, 03:32 PM
andrej,
That issue of the magazine caused quite a controversy. The consensus is that the Supposed Packard and the story of it's conception was/is a fake. There was no such car built or even planned.[|)]

Miscreant at large.

andrej tupolew
03-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Oki, thx a lot !

52hawk
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah,that reminds me-the editors of TW promised to check into that whole mess and publish a report. They never did,,,but they have published other things by Mr.Keehan lately.Makes me wonder how credible anything from Keehan can be--? The Hawk-Mercedes story seemed factual,but I still looked at the pics skepticly[TW,January'05]

Sam Roberts
04-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Damn, I wondered if anyone else felt the way I did on that article.

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

Yeah,that reminds me-the editors of TW promised to check into that whole mess and publish a report. They never did,,,but they have published other things by Mr.Keehan lately.Makes me wonder how credible anything from Keehan can be--? The Hawk-Mercedes story seemed factual,but I still looked at the pics skepticly[TW,January'05]

Sam Roberts

Studedude1961
04-16-2005, 01:28 AM
I remember the "1965 Packard Prototype" article by Mr. Keehan and viewed it skeptically mostly because the picture of the prototype looked all the world like a 1997-era Cadillac Sedan AND because the picture of this prototype was supposedly taken in front of a school in South Bend but there were PALM TREES in it.

Keehan should have been drummed out of SDC and certainly any future articles should be rejected for TW publication.

Just my thoughts!

Studedude1961
(1963 Cruiser)

Sam Roberts
04-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Too early in the morning for me to argue that point! :D

Keehan [B)] should have been drummed out of SDC and certainly any future articles should be rejected for TW publication.

Just my thoughts!

Studedude1961
(1963 Cruiser)
[/quote]

Sam Roberts

Studedude
04-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Being an Okie, I don't know much about where Palm trees do or do not fit into certain "pictures." Being a car guy, I was awe-struck by the prototype SUVs that shared the shop with the "Packard." What foresite somebody had! [:p]

Studedude
04-22-2005, 08:20 PM
>What foresite somebody had!

Foreskin?[^]

arkiejazz
04-28-2005, 07:27 PM
[:I]Man, I remember reading that article over and over again when that issue of TW arrived. And then feeling like the kid who just heard that Santa Claus was a myth when I heard the story was a fraud. I still wonder why there has never been a subsequent definitive statement of error published in TW, or did I miss it?

steve blake

Sam Roberts
04-28-2005, 09:24 PM
And you know who they used it on too! ;)

Foreskin?[^]
[/quote]

Sam Roberts

52hawk
05-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Dear Mr Keehan. I have decided to put my 52 hawk up for sale.Because it is one of only 3 in existance,I'm sure you would agree its got to be worth at least $14.95.. Plus tax and dealer prep of course!! Thanks in advance for your generous offer
PS Please do not publish any pics of it in TW,this must be kept secret!!!

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.

Studedude1961
05-12-2005, 11:13 PM
In the same vein I am happy to report that Ford is working on a new retro model called the Edsel II and there are rumors over at DamneerChrysler that a new Pacer is in the works!

Studedude1961
Definitely...Different by Design!

52hawk
05-13-2005, 08:15 AM
I wish I knew your sources.I didn't even know Ford was still in business.

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.

Scott
05-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Yes, there was a statement that the editors would issue a followup on the perpetrator(s) of that article. They never did, and my guess is that they were too intimidated by the author to do anything. All I can say is that asking the editors about it won't do any good. There is an "iron curtain" around some individuals in this club, and they would like to be left alone by us paltry members at large.