View Full Version : trim clips and interior help needed

03-16-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot.
I'm trying to restore my 55 President, and almost all the old trim clips have rusted away, is there any source to buy new ones???? If not, I have no idea how I'm get all that stainless back on. Also, is there any trick how to pull the interior panels off these cars???? BTW, I'm planning on doing a frame off resto, it should look good when done, whenever that is!!!! Thanks!

(2) 1955 Presidents

03-17-2005, 07:15 AM
I'm thinking that I've recently seen where somebody's repro'd these clips. Studebaker International's catalog lists some of them but not a complete set for the big "Butterknife" trim on the rear quarters. BUT the catalog on my desk isn't their most recent one.
Since I have a 55 President myself, I've told myself that I felt confident I could MAKE whichever of those clips I would need pretty easily. The big clips for that side trim are just a flat piece of metal with screw-thread studs to attach them to the rear fenders. Heck, you could even make them out of stainless so they'd never rust again![:0]
I assume you HAVE a parts book that you can get part numbers from. If not, you've got one hand behind your back to start with. Get those numbers and start contacting the numerous vendors. OR - do as I suggest and make up your own!;)

Miscreant at large.

03-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Try this link http://www.studebakervendors.com/ it lists most Studebaker parts vendors. I know that Stephen Allen's has posted that there are a bunch of new trim clips on the way plus he just bought another lot of old dealer inventory. Also try Sasco he may have some.

Restore it, don't replace it.Keep the Studebaker reproduction industry going

03-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the links. I do have a parts book.
Thanks again

(2) 1955 Presidents

04-03-2005, 10:35 PM
A well-stocked auto body supply srore should have universal clips to install almost any mldg on the outside of your "55.. As far as removing the inside panels,there are quite a few tools made for this.Check with that auto body store[if you find one]or go to Mac or Snap-on Tools!!

04-03-2005, 10:44 PM
I think Loga Enterprises would have what you need. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

04-06-2005, 09:31 PM
I have a simple question. I want to have the car painted. Is there any place near glendale california that can be recommended?


04-07-2005, 12:07 PM

Thanks for info They have just what I needed.


(2) 1955 Presidents