This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster horn ring

Andrea Crosa of Genoa, a member SDC and of the Virtual Speedster Club (there seem to be just 3 of us, linked by friendship & e-mail and being curators of half of the Speedsters known in Europe) has broken his "Peepster's" chromed horn ring. The car appeared in colour on the back of Jan. '03 TW. I said that I would ask on this forum for advice on finding a replacement. I have suggested calling Bill Oliver in Long Beach. Can they be found and are there any other possible sources?

I can pass on any messages or his e-mail is: a.crosa@tin.it

Peter.

I'm sure I've got one or two here.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have one that I just bought at the York swap meet, there were a couple others there. Have him drop me a line at njnagel at comcast dot net if he can't find one in Europe as it looks like I am going to end up not using it (got a line on complete wheel with horn button for the standard interior - which would be correct for my car, a C3.)

For reference, prices seemed to range between $50-75 for nice ones. Stephen Allen's had several for $75 that appeared to be NOS or darn close to it.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      62 Daytona hardtop
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Thank you. I have passed on the messages and I think that will solve Andrea's problem. I hope that he will now discover SDC Forum as well - but he doesn't have broadband connection yet, which may be the limiting factor.

It is also good to know that steering wheels are available as there was concern a few days ago from "The Romance of Rust" about damaging mine while getting it off for restoration and elimination of a light squeak which is a torment. They had made a puller and I was able to reassure them that the wheel had been removed safely in recent years, so as I've heard nothing more I assume there were no disasters.

Can I put a picture of the Speedster on here?

Peter.

Comment

Working...
        X