This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about model

While driving back roads of Oklahoma today I found what I thought was a 1950 or 1951 Studebaker business coupe. Did Studebaker make a business coupe or was I just asleep at the wheel? Thanks! Jim.

It could of been. The last year they made a business coupe was 1951
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

They made a 3-passenger coupe thru the 1951 year. They never officially refered to them as "Business Coupe". These cars sport the same floor pan as other 2-doors but don't have a back seat. The roof is shorter than other 2-doors and the turtle deck is longer than other 2-doors. They were phased out as sales were dropping to where it wasn't economical to keep building them.
      They share the same doors as any 2-door (except convertibles and the '52 hardtop) and use the same decklid as Starlight Coupes used.

Miscreant at large.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Studebaker referred to them as "Three Passenger Coupes". They have a great profile in my opinion!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

All I wanna know is if you circled back and made an offer on it Jim! []

Sonny
          Sonny
          http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

No Sonny, I didn't make them an offer. I used to do that and now I have a yard full of VW related vehicles. I use to work with my dad in restoring antique and classic autos. That is where I got the term business coupe. The car looked to be complete and the road side looked straight. I thought to myself, what a neat street rod that would make. But since I am now 62 years old I have stopped building cars and need to sell what I do have. If anyone would be interested in knowing where it is I would be glad to pass that info along.

Comment

They sure did make a "Business Coupe" [8D]

Was it in good shape ? My '51 is quite rare, only 2800 or so built, could be a half decent investment at some point down the road.

Comment

Hey Jim, I would be intrested in knowing the location of the business coupe, I am located in central Okla. the Shawnee area. Thanks, OkieBob

Comment

Hey Bandit ...where abouts in Canada you hale from?
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

OK OkieBob, The car is not too far from you. It is about 1 to 2 miles south of Weletka, OK. on the west side of Hwy 75. It is easier to see comming from the south, but you can see it the other direction too. It appears that there are several different cars from the past there, but it doesn't appear that the guy is a collector. Good luck. Like I said, if I was younger I would have already stopped there.

Comment

Jim, I looked at the 51 today. The car was fairly straight, but rusted pretty bad. The interior needed a complete redo, but the owner wouldn't sell anyhow. He said people from 12 states had stopped and asked about it. OkieBob

Comment

Working...
                      X