This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part ID please...

Could someone please check your parts books and tell me which vehicle this mat was made for... Only hole in it is for dimmer switch on the left side.

Thanks ahead.

My 7E7 - Restored by my Uncle Denson in 1995

Its for a 65-66 Studebaker sedan and Wagon Y-4 F-4, P-4 and P8

Comment

Thanks TS60 - knew someone had a book on hand.

On the bottom side of the mat it has all the jute (sp?) padding cut to remove for all the pedals that went through the floor and to check the MS under the floor. Not a mistake on Studebakers part - they are on the right side for right-hand drive cars.

Thanks again.

Comment

That doesnt compute. No 65-66 Studebakers had thru the floor pedals or master cylinders under the floor.
        Must be some other reason.

Comment

I remember seeing some pictures from an old car magazine that showed a 1962 or 63 Studebaker Lark in South Africa that still had the pedals through the floor.

Wonder if any on this forum can confirm/deny any of this?

Comment

If under-floor pedals were used, such would be reflected in the parts books. They are not. It shows that the suspended pedal arrangement was used in both RH & LH drive cars. There is, of course, some different parts to accomplish LH or RH pedal setups. But there's no parts for underfloor pedals except in the Hawk line of late Studes.[^]

Miscreant at large.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey 62, I got a 63 Champ this weekend. Now I have no action when I turn the key. You seem to know more about these things than I do. Any ideas? I'm thinking either ignition switch or coil. Thanks. Kevin
              quote:Originally posted by 62champ

Could someone please check your parts books and tell me which vehicle this mat was made for... Only hole in it is for dimmer switch on the left side.

Thanks ahead.

1963 Champ

Comment

Working...
              X