This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Champion

Does anyone have an information on the green 50 starlight coupe that was on e-bay last week. The ad said museum quality. It did'n reach the reserve at $9600. It was located in New York. Thanks, Okiebob

Dang it, I didn't even see it, wish I had. Do you have a link or item number Okiebob? I doubt that I know who it is but I'd still like to look at it. Located in NY? How the heck did it escape me? <[:I]>

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Sonny, the item # is 7134783523, and it ended Feb. 23. I was looking for a solid bullet nose to try my hand at restoring. I bid this car up to $9500, but it didn't meet the reserve. I was offered the car below his reserve, but since I don't have experience in the studebaker, I was hoping you or someone could give me their opinion. Thanks Okiebob

Comment

IF that car's as nice as the photos show, you'd be miles ahead in "restoring it". Actualy, if it were to be mine, I'd be happy to show it just as is. But then, my interests lean more towards driving than trophy-fishing.

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Didn't mean I would restore that one. Was just wandering what you thought of the price. $9500, plus around $1000 to ship. What I was really looking for was a good solid all original bullet nose to restore. But my thinking is I would probably have at least that much in restoration. I like to go to the shows, but I would drive my car, if I win a trophy great if not that's fine too. Usually the drive there is as much fun as the show. Okiebob

Comment

Okie,

Even tho that one's got some wear on it's resto, you could easily pay more than that to have one equal it or better. Alot of the cost depends on HOW MUCH YOU ACTUALY DO yourself.

Miscreant at large.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've seen them go for a lot more than that OkieBob. Pristine examples have definitely gone over the $15,000 mark. That's a damned soilid looking car and if it's as clean and solid as it looks, in my own opinion, $10,500.00 is not an unreasonable price. In fact, I think most of the Hawks, especially the later models, (unless they're of the "Super" variety) are wildly overpriced, while the bulletnoses, simply because of the sheer number of them, are waaaay underpriced. Good news is, I see the bulletnose value moving up fairly steadily.

Hang in there, you'll find a solid bulletnose to restore, there's still plenty of them out there.

Sonny
              Sonny
              http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Working...
              X