This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts needed

i'm finishing up the renovation of my '55 president, ht, 259/auto. i need some parts i haven't been able to find:
    6 original chrome covered oval 7/16" bumper bolts
    lower bellhousing cover
    fresh air vent screen
    glove box light and switch
    wiper switch knob
    original bumper jack

Try Studebaker International for most of the mentioned items. SASCO is also a good source for new and used parts. They both advertise in Turning Wheels. By the way, nice car!

Ronald K. Smith

Comment

thanks, o2l. i've donated many thousands of dollars to studebaker int'l over the past 3 years. none of the parts listed are available through them. now i'm trying these postings and used parts vendors.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Fred Duplechin

thanks, o2l. i've donated many thousands of dollars to studebaker int'l over the past 3 years. none of the parts listed are available through them. now i'm trying these postings and used parts vendors.
        Heck, I thought they might have had those bumper bolts, but you're right on about the rest of the parts you need, they don'y carry them. Are you gonna be able to make it to York Fred? I'm pretty sure you can find the parts you need there. Mebbe you can talk someone, (local chapter memeber who may be going if you're not), to grab them at York for ya?

Sonny
        Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Fred:
          I think I have at least six of those chrome covered bumper bolts in really nice shape. let me take a look and get back with ya.
          Kent Fedor

Comment

Think i have a vent screen
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

York? where's that? just kidding. we're in the deep south (30 airmiles from the gulf). government regulations don't allow us to travel that far north out2lunch emailed me that he has three. they're on the way. he likely has more, but may wait until spring to access them. ya'll have snow, we have mud winter stinks, huh?

fred
              quote:Originally posted by Sonny

quote:Originally posted by Fred Duplechin

Heck, I thought they might have had those bumper bolts, but you're right on about the rest of the parts you need, they don'y carry them. Are you gonna be able to make it to York Fred? I'm pretty sure you can find the parts you need there. Mebbe you can talk someone, (local chapter memeber who may be going if you're not), to grab them at York for ya?

Sonny

Comment

I might have that lower BH cover and I might have a vent screen as well as a wiper knob. I'll have to check to know for sure.[^]

Miscreant at large.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                X