This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Daytona wagon - front end

I recently aquired a wagon (yet another)[:I] from a friend. It's a 63 Daytona. It has a V8 (289?), dual ex, AT, PS, Sliding top, electric back window (works sometimes - binds), bad brakes. The car seems to have been in a serious accident. The front clip has been replaced. There is body damage all over the place. Little stuff nothing serious. The back bumper is trashed. The floor is excellent. The only rust is surface. Did I mention the car is just a tad rough?
    My question is thus: When I turn sharply to the right it seems to be hanging up somewhere. I can't see any indications of problems (wear, shiny spots, etc..). It just sticks a bit when turning. Anyone with any ideas???

Ronald K. Smith

quote:Originally posted by out2lunch

I recently aquired a wagon (yet another)[:I] from a friend. It's a 63 Daytona. It has a V8 (289?), dual ex, AT, PS, Sliding top, electric back window (works sometimes - binds), bad brakes. The car seems to have been in a serious accident. The front clip has been replaced. There is body damage all over the place. Little stuff nothing serious. The back bumper is trashed. The floor is excellent. The only rust is surface. Did I mention the car is just a tad rough?
    My question is thus: When I turn sharply to the right it seems to be hanging up somewhere. I can't see any indications of problems (wear, shiny spots, etc..). It just sticks a bit when turning. Anyone with any ideas???

Ronald K. Smith
    This is a tough one without being there to look at it Ron, it needs expert eyes. In fact, for not too many bucks, you should get the front end and frame alignment checked thoroughly by an expert, like a front end alignment place or a good body shop. The reason I say that is, it's the very first thing you should get checked because it'll dictate what you're gonna be doing with the rest of the car. If the frame is blasted bad enough, it might have to be straightened to be safe and even drivable. It could be time consuming and expensive too, if it has to have a frame replacement. I know that's not what you wanna hear, but I wouldn't even try to guess-timate with your safety.

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Hopefully the damage isn't too serious. Thanks for the opinion.[V]

Ronald K. Smith

Comment

Working...
      X