PDA

View Full Version : 2 Studebaker articles in Hemmings Motor News

60Lark
03-01-2007, 11:21 PM
I received my April issue of Hemmings Motor News today and found two feature articles on Studebakers one is on the 51 Champion Starlight Coupe and the other is on the 63 Wagonaire. It seems as though Studebaker has gotten a fair amount of favorable attention in print especially from Hemmings in the past 2 or 3 years.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce20b3127cce8d0e3b50356c00000000400CcNWTlozYsb http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc03b3127cce970d7aafd15f00000010100CcNWTlozYsb
Studebaker Fever
60 Lark
51 Champion
Phil
Arnold, Missouri

JBOYLE
03-02-2007, 11:33 AM
You're right. The folks at Hemmings Classic Car love the independents.
Some issues looked like Studebaker and Rambler Monthly....

Even the upscale Sports Car Market has had several pieces on Avantis lately (a piece by a contributor on how the Avanti he bought on the internet was a #$%*; my letter on how my long-distance Avanti purchase was helped by some great guys in the SDC and AOAI; a brief history on the Newman-Altman cars; and finally a story by another contributor -- who is a long time Avanti-owner and fan -- that corrected some details on the previous article and adding his expert two-cents worth).

Yes, a lot of Studebaker stuff is out there aside from Turning Wheels and Avanti.

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

JBOYLE
03-02-2007, 11:33 AM
You're right. The folks at Hemmings Classic Car love the independents.
Some issues looked like Studebaker and Rambler Monthly....

Even the upscale Sports Car Market has had several pieces on Avantis lately (a piece by a contributor on how the Avanti he bought on the internet was a #$%*; my letter on how my long-distance Avanti purchase was helped by some great guys in the SDC and AOAI; a brief history on the Newman-Altman cars; and finally a story by another contributor -- who is a long time Avanti-owner and fan -- that corrected some details on the previous article and adding his expert two-cents worth).

Yes, a lot of Studebaker stuff is out there aside from Turning Wheels and Avanti.

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

raprice
03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
You're right! Hemmings Classic Car magazine has been very generous with articles concerning the independent makes, especially Studebaker. Even without those great articles, it would still be a great magazine.
Rog:)

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop

raprice
03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
You're right! Hemmings Classic Car magazine has been very generous with articles concerning the independent makes, especially Studebaker. Even without those great articles, it would still be a great magazine.
Rog:)

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop