This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psiton clearence- Sonny

Sonny- We re-checked the pistion clearance and it is 4-6 thousandths, depending on the cylinder. I'm in a bit of a bind since the pistons were already 80 over. The easiest solution is take another block I have, boil it out and bore it to fit the pistions. The machinist I'm working with now has really reasonable rates so that won't be too expensive. However, the machinist also offered the solution of knurling the pistions. Do you think that would work? thanks- Leon

quote:Originally posted by Leon

Sonny- We re-checked the pistion clearance and it is 4-6 thousandths, depending on the cylinder. I'm in a bit of a bind since the pistons were already 80 over. The easiest solution is take another block I have, boil it out and bore it to fit the pistions. The machinist I'm working with now has really reasonable rates so that won't be too expensive. However, the machinist also offered the solution of knurling the pistions. Do you think that would work? thanks- Leon
    Sorry it's so long to answer Leon, I left town for 9 days, the day I answered your first post. No, I don't think knurling is a good idea, at all, ever. I'd bite the bullet and use the other block, especially since you already have it. Remember to have your machinist always use bore plates for boring/honing operations.

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Working...
    X