This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vin #

Could someone please give some insight on where to locate a Vin # on a 1951 studebaker pickup. We have only located a metal plate on the vehicle, which indicates the cab #, model #, trim # & paint #. We are also having a problem finding the last known owner, in order to receive a duplicate title. We reside in SC. We purchased the vehicle from a junk yard, which all vehicles were being sold as part of an estate and they could not locate the title.

ANY HELP WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED, OR DIRECT US TO SOME OTHER WEB SITE.

Thank you

The serial# tag should be about 8" ahead of where you found that body info tag. About 3" below the end of the lower seat cushion - on the driver's side. If it isn't there, I'll bet there's a couple holes or marks there where it used to be.
    Unlike Stude cars - there was no "secret" serial # location on the vehicle frame. Back in the '50s, it was not unusual for some states to go by the engine serial# for registration. But be that as it may, your truck would have had a VIN # plate in the location I mentioned.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If you can't find the serial tag I have one from a 2R5 pick up truck that was junked up here in Vermont a number of years ago; serial number: 2R 68552, Model: 2R5-12. This was a non-title state until 1972 so there never was a title issued for it. As a matter of fact even today titles aren't required or issued for vehicles over 20 years old, even if you wanted one. I understand there are places where you can get titles for non-titled vehicles, perhaps someone can help you out in that regard.

1960 Lark Convertible
      1962 GT Hawk
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

It's the same here in NY Dan, can't get a title, but hell, I don't need a title, long as I can drive it. Tell ya what shure1, email me, and I'll tell you how to get a title.

Sonny
        Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Working...
        X