This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve cover Racing

I would like to get the details for tha valve cover races slated for the upcoming International meet in Spokane.I need to know what kind of cover is allowed and the wheel specifications etc.Thanks

I believe it has to be a STUDEBAKER valve cover. I've even seen the little side covers from flathead 6s used. You can doll it up anyway you see fit - that's part of the fun of it actualy. Most folks use roller skate or skateboard wheels (trucks) simply because it's easy. But I don't think there's a restriction TO that sort of wheel. There's a weight limit as well. I'll see if I can find the specifics for you.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have the rules around here somewhere. I'll find them and post them... (They used to be up at the NCSDC website, but no more)
      But in a nutshell....
      10 pound maximum weight.
      They have a 'box' that the car (valve cover) must fit into. It's 12" wide, by 12" high, by 24" long (I think)....
      No batteries, springs, rubber bands, compressed air, magnets, rockets, etc... Just gravity power only.

Having said that, I can personally tell you to TEST! TEST! TEST!
      My entire race career (so far) consists of a half pass down the track in eliminations. That's right. Never even made it to the finish line. My brilliant concept of a flyweight side cover racer was a total unmitigated flop. My little racer left the starting line lazily and drifted over where it contacted the right hand retaining wall. You'd have thought the Hill Holder was engaged. The racer ground to a stop in about 4 feet. The roar of the crowd ws deafining....Oh, wait... They were laughing their ass's off at me .... I picked up my wounded racer and my pride and went out to play with the 1:1 scale cars and trucks outside. My retirement from the largest Stude valve cover race of the year was over... Next time my car will weigh 9 pounds and 15 ounces.....
      Some pic's are up at:
      http://community.webshots.com/album/239490326qIimbG

quote:Originally posted by Pete Vincent

I would like to get the details for tha valve cover races slated for the upcoming International meet in Spokane.I need to know what kind of cover is allowed and the wheel specifications etc.Thanks

DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
      '61 Hawk
      '37 Coupe Express
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
      X