This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy it because it's a Studebaker

I came across a copy of a newspaper ad that I copied from library archives, here in Visalia, California. The ad is from a Times-Delta paper of 1916. It starts out - the first three words in bold letters - "Do you realize... that there are more Studebaker cars used in the City of Detroit than any car sold for over $500?
    Take the judgement of the city that knows how cars are built - and the state that knows how cars perform.
    [That] Coupled with the satisfaction of the local studebaker owners and you have the solution of the question "What car should I buy" in order to get the best value for my money."

There's a photo of a Mr. & Mrs Davis of Farmersville, Ca standing as proud owners, next to their 1916 series Studebaker FOUR touring car. Below that, it lists a 40 HP 5 or 7-passenger FOUR for $975 and a 50HP 5 or 7 passenger SIX for $1210[:0]

HOMER L. PATTERSON (Representative Tulare County) "Where service is First" Central Garage, Visalia, Cal.

I love these old ads. I've got another one around here someplace, where Patterson had formed a Studebaker Drivers Club by 1917. This made up of customers of his. They would "tour" together on weekends. One ad features a photo of about 20 Studes lined up for a Sunday tour to Fresno - some 40+ miles away!
    I'd dearly love to step back in time and ride along with them. What an adventure that must have been!

Miscreant at large.

Very cool Bob! Any chance that you could scan it?

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Working...
    X