View Full Version : Window Channel

12-09-2004, 06:20 PM
I guess I'm getting old, but I can't seem to find anyone that has window run channel for my 1963 T-Cab Truck! I looked at SASCO, Studebaker Int'l, etc, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Also, as a point of information, the conversion of truck to power steering, automatic transmission and fuel injection of the 259 V-8, is coming along. I think we may have a handle on it!!

12-09-2004, 07:22 PM
I just bought some about 3 monts ago at a local auto glass shop. One 8ft stick of it was more than enough to do two Champ doors. USE the window glass to form the corner bend or you'll be sorry.

Miscreant at large.

12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
I believe that JC Whitney has the stuff too! Great to hear the truck is goin' along well. I wanna see and hear more about that fuel injection! Thanks in advance!


12-10-2004, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the information.

But I have tried the local glass shops and they tell me its a "dealer item"! Also tried JC Whitney, but that leads to another question... I picked up a catalog this week at the book store and there is no longer a classic car section!! But there is a "PT Cruiser" section (go figure)! Did I pick up a special catalog or has JC Whitney stopped supplying old car parts?

12-10-2004, 07:25 AM
I think that you must have gotten a specialized portion of the whole catalog Mike. They put them out for 4 wheel drive, Volkswagen, etc. Get the card out of one of the catalogs in the book store and send for the whole catalog. I've bought the channel at a glass shop too. It all depends on on the shop, some of them stock it, some don't.


12-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Glass shop I use here in MI has a sample chain of MANY different size and shape channel. You find the one you want and they will order it for you. Just bought some for a '60 Jag I am putting together for a friend. Not only better channel, but much cheaper than out of a Jag catalog.

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.

12-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Did you call and ask SASCO or just checked out their website??

I just redid the windows and doors in my CHamp this past summer and got all the stuff from SASCO, to include two NOS door glass,window run, all the door rubbers and the catwiskers for the door glass.

You can check out these guys too.

12-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Yep, called SASCO. They don't have them anymore!

But I did take everyone's advice and called some other local glass companies and finally found one that has "some", but can order more. I'm going tomorrow and check it out.