This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona

Just got back from the Daytona Turkey Run. 5055 cars registered. Drove my '53 Starliner 2600 miles in 8 days. Great trip. Car got lots of attention. If all the people who told me they have owned Studes actually did, I wonder why Stude went out of business.

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.

quote:Originally posted by BeeJay

Just got back from the Daytona Turkey Run. 5055 cars registered. Drove my '53 Starliner 2600 miles in 8 days. Great trip. Car got lots of attention. If all the people who told me they have owned Studes actually did, I wonder why Stude went out of business.

Wish I could have been at the Turkey Run too, but we're still getting ready for winter here BeeJay. I know what you mean about all those Studebaker owners, I get that from lots of people too. I'm thinkin' that the old Studes must have hung in there pretty good, as used cars, and they managed to stay in service long after they were new. That's the only way it can be explained I guess. One thing's for sure, people STILL appreciate any ol' Studebaker, and that's a fact! I just enjoy it.

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

BeeJay - Where do you reside? That 2600 mile RT is about right here, if that is the correct direction for you <G>. Your '53 sounds neat. Is it for sale (doesn't hurt to ask - you never know)?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We are in MI, just west of Detroit. Car is NOT for sale. Have only owned it for three yrs and have lots more to do to it.

Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X