This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone!

Robert Black here.Just thought Id sign up and drop in.I own a most reliable 62 Lark Daytona(259) Hardtop thats my regular all year driver untill the snow and salt hit the roads,along with my Harley Davidson Low Rider.I also have a 56 Transtar with a 63 full flow V-8(259) that I just got on the road this summer and really love it.Its not finished yet,but I drove it everyday for a month and its a real good truck,just needs a bit of finishing.My current project is a 60 Hawk that Im going to be real busy this winter working on.Ive owned about 20 Studebakers over the years and I think it would be hard to surpass the three I own now,so Im calling them keepers.But if I ever got a chance to own a 55 Presiodent State Hardtop I might make an exception to that(G)I follow the NG everyday,but Ill be checking on this forum too.

Hey Robert, I just got here a couple weeks ago myself.

Sam Roberts

Comment

Welcome Robert! Good to see you here! Things are lookin' up!

Sonny
      Sonny
      http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Hey Sam,
        Hows things up North??
        I got one of those '37 Studebaker Suburbans from my local NAPA guy.

Charlie Veit

Comment

Hey Charlie, you did better than me, I never got any! BTW, I tried sending you my new email address, but your spambox downed it. I went to wireless, so it is sroberts at onlyinternet.net now. Still have the Hotmail address too.

quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

Hey Sam,
          Hows things up North??
          I got one of those '37 Studebaker Suburbans from my local NAPA guy.

Charlie Veit
          Sam Roberts

Comment

Thats ok Sam, when that happens it puts it in a folder where I can access it later.

The local NAPA guy had to call in a favor from the guy in Clarksville,IN to get the '37 woody. Before I picked it up two other people came in and saw and ask to buy it.

Charlie V

Comment

I bought 2 (the only two NAPA had here) and gave one to a grandson for his Birthday.

Miscreant at large.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The local NAPA guy told me "they normally had to buy them by the case and they arent returnable". He just happened to know a guy in a another store who had some.

Comment

Transtar56

Comment

Ive got the 60 Hawk stripped to the bare body,all chrome,trim,bumpers removed.Im going to work on the fuel system next,put a Stromberg back on it,it has a Mopar carb on it now,move the elactric fuel pump back by the tank and put in a switch for it,install a new mechanical fuel pump,and put new gas line on all the way.Then Im going to tune up the engine so it works good.

Comment

Working...
                    X