Imagine that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine that!

Returning home from yesterdays car show at Suffolk Community College in Bentwood, Long Island I was traveling on the Northern State Parkway West........in the rear view mirror I spotted what appeared to be a red Ferrari......after a few minutes the car pulled up beside me in the opposite lane (it was a red Ferrari) .....he looks over at my Avanti and gives me THE THUMBS UP!! Can you imagine!!

I shot back a bigger thumbs up to him ......now fellas.......that made my freaking day!!

Sometimes your day is made by someone who enjoys cars as much as you do and that's a great example of that. Must have been a thrill for all of the Brand-X drivers to see two great cars side by side.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I wonder what he thought it was.....

Comment

Tom,

You are putting me on, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
          Sometimes your day is made by someone who enjoys cars as much as you do and that's a great example of that. Must have been a thrill for all of the Brand-X drivers to see two great cars side by side.
          I am loving the Don Simmonds ss exhaust........what musik it makes..........

Comment

Now that is cool! I try to spread that good feeling by sharing a thumbs up or a "Nice Car" whenever I see someone driving a classic. I know how good it makes me feel. We are a brotherhood (and sisters too) in the car hobby regardless of our particular tastes.

Pat
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Yes, of course.

Comment

A few years ago our local AACA chapter was invited to show our cars at their Naples show. About 100 Ferraris were parked across the street and I parked my Avanti in the lineup on the other side. A Ferrari owner crossed the street and looked over my car. He reminisced about the one he had when they first were made by Studebaker. He liked my red Studebaker Avanti and I sure admired his red Ferrari! My wife's doctor's car was there, but it was on the other side of the street!
                "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Thanks..........I just had to ask!:-)

Comment

Working...
                  X