Need Parts for V-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Parts for V-8

I pulled the engine in the 62 Hawk with the idea of sealing oil and water passages,as well as cleaning out the water passages. After pulling the engine, I found the timing gear cover is cracked (actually there's a hole in it) and the heat riser (or spacer between the exhaust manifold outlet and the exhaust inlet) is cracked in half. Does anyone have either or both of these parts and could I get them? Thanks in advance.

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker
    Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

The heat riser you can get from SI, as for the timing cover, try the swap page...place a wanted add.

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Call Bob Helm. He advertises in TW all the time. He has everything. Call him at 972-843-3402.

Comment

I noticed you live in La. I personally wouldn't replace the heat riser. It is designed to raise inlet temp. With this new gas, it doesn't help to raise the inlet temp. Take the old one, take the plate out of it, and braze up the break. Also, Bob Helm is in Royce City, Texas. He is between Dallas and Louisiana.
        Just got thru sealing up and cleaning out my 62GT. It is great that you can take these engines and actually fix them, as opposed to a rebuild.

Comment

Michael, email sent.

Joseph R. Zeiger
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
          X