1957 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Golden Hawk

I would like to buy a '57 Golden Hawk that is in good condition at a reasonable price. If anyone knows of one, please call me at (205) 540-5338.

Thanks!!

Jack

Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

quote:
      I would like to buy a '57 Golden Hawk that is in good condition at a reasonable price.
      ME TOO !!

Welcome to SDC. From your area code, would you be in Alabama? You may already be familiar with the commonly used old car grading system, but it would help us to know how "good condition" you want. For instance, do you want a #1 show winner, a #2 show car or a #3 driver?

jack vines

PackardV8
      PackardV8

Comment

Jack
        Define "reasonable".
        Members here have everything for cars needing a full restoration, to nice drivers, to 400 point show cars.

How much do you want to spend?

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I have one for sale that is in great condition, its just totally disassembled.

Studebaker classifieds! www.studeswap.com

Comment

This '57 Hawk was for sale at the South Bend meet this last weekend. The owner is asking $25,000 for it. The paint wasn't perfect, but overall looked very nice.

Museum wall grafitti.

In the middle of Minnestudea
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I beleive he wanted 35k for this car last year!

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.
              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.

Comment

If he had put a good ad on ebay, with good close up full screen Pics, it would be GONE at between 20 & $25,000.00 ! []

Everybody has their price, it's funny how the buyer's price is always quite a bit less the the $eller's price!

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If anyone is interested in buying the one that was in SB, contact me offline first. Jim Turner and I looked it over pretty well, and I'd like to give my observations.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                  Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

I want to get the best condition 1957 Golden Hawk I can get for around $15,000. I know that's vague, but I'd appreciate any help from you guys as to what condition car I could expect to get for that price.

Thanks,

Jack

Comment

Because of the popularity and rarity of the '57 GH's, about all you could expect for that money would be a partially finished restoration, like for instance: mechanicals done, needing chrome, Paint and Interior.

Or maybe a very nice solid original needing everything.

However, '59 Silver Hawks and 1960 Hawks are way cheaper, if you can accept a coupe instead of a Hardtop. [^] Did I mention they also have FINS! []

Apologies to current owners, but in "my opinion" they are at the bottom of the food chain of desirable Hawk models, all are desirable and all are good, well built cars, but based on availability, desirability and price there is always a pecking order.

When non-Studebaker people see a Hawk going by, they are always appreciated and sometimes mistaken for a Golden Hawk, even Gran Turismo Hawks with their Gold Bird emblems!
                      Most people do not know the difference.

StudeRich
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I know my '60 Hawk is near the bottom of the desireable Hawk list, but I like it. (shameless plug below...) I would really like to have a '58 GH though.[]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudHawk60

I know my '60 Hawk is near the bottom of the desireable Hawk list, but I like it. (shameless plug below...) I would really like to have a '58 GH though.[]
                          Not in my eyes! I'd take a 60 or 61 as first preferred. Beautiful.

Comment

All those finned Hawks look nice, but nothing says "hey lookey here" like a Packard! []

Packardbakerly,
                            J.D.
                            sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                            J.D.

Comment

There was a picture of a 57 Golden Hawk that was shown at the South Bend Meet last week. It was sent to the Forum by Milica (in answer to my question). It was gold in color. Can a member send me the owner's e-mail address or phone number? I would like to make inquiries.
                              Thanks
                              Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X