Stude part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude part numbers

Is there a source where I can search by part number?
    For example, I have a stainless gas door guard (AC 2408);
    how can I find the models that it fits?
    thanks,

Joe Diggle

On a hunch, I looked in the Studebaker International catalog, they have that number and it sends you to a "1953-58 Sedan and Station Wagon without extended side moldings" fuel filler protector.
    With mounting hardware, they are asking $59.95

duane miller

Comment

The only sure-fire way I know of is to look it up in the index in the back of a couple of parts books. The AC number can be used to narrow it down to a range of years and one or two books.

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Studebaker Part Numbers are easy to track down the application and part name etc. BUT, AC Accessory Numbers, are a whole other ball game!

The best source that is rarely found now-days is the Studebaker "Book "F" Parts and Accessories Price List" (Book) printed at least once a year during production years. [^]

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

The only sure-fire way I know of is to look it up in the index in the back of a couple of parts books. The AC number can be used to narrow it down to a range of years and one or two books.

Skip Lackie
          Washington DC
          FWIW, the SNM Archives is currently working on a complete list of each & every Studebaker "AC" item.

Comment

AC 2408 "No Mar Gas Door Guard". Original application is 14G and 4H W,F and Y bodies. The original date is 12/2/52,and the production part number is 534749.

R2Andy
            R2Andrea

Comment

quote:Originally posted by R2Andy

AC 2408 "No Mar Gas Door Guard". Original application is 14G and 4H W,F and Y bodies. The original date is 12/2/52,and the production part number is 534749.

R2Andy
              Thanks Andy! It was great meeting you and "talking shop" this afternoon for a little while.

Maybe some don't realize for every "AC" number there are one or more other individual "Studebaker part numbers" associated with it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Welcome

Maybe some don't realize for every "AC" number there are one or more other individual "Studebaker part numbers" associated with it.
                That is very true, but unless the Part was used in BOTH Standard Equipment on only some models, AND as an Accessory (such as the 1558214 & 215 '64-'66 rear fender stone guard), the Studebaker Part Number for an Accessory, is usually only used to relate it to the DRAWING, and not listed in Parts Catalogs, I say usually because there seem to be exceptions to almost every rule. [^]

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X