X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Champion Survivor (really)

JDP Maryland
    JDP Maryland

That car (and the pics) were taken a few weeks ago here in South bend at the Pioneer auto show. That is a VERY good car and I looked at it. There is some scratches in the paint, but that's about it as far as flaws on something that origional. If I had money, I would buy it![^]
    A+ car.

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
    1963 Prototype cart built by Studebaker.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

That car (and the pics) were taken a few weeks ago here in South bend at the Pioneer auto show. That is a VERY good car and I looked at it. There is some scratches in the paint, but that's about it as far as flaws on something that origional. If I had money, I would buy it![^]
      A+ car.

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
      Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
      1963 Prototype cart built by Studebaker.
      I'd love to get my grubby paws on it for some minor detailing. A little tinting on the drivers door panel, and the under hood, some attention to the paint and call it done. I wonder if he accepts offers.

JDP Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

WOW. [^][^][^][]

KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Comment

This car was close to that condition. Honestly close to #1 condition:

Don't know why I didn't take more pictures of it. It was breathtaking[:X] And for sale... no idea the price.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
          Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

Surprised that a Champion Sedan would have leather seats.
            64 Champ long bed V8
            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

If the car is in as good a condition as he describes, the price is reasonable.
              Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Long Island Studebaker Club
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Those red wheels are not original are they?

Don Wilson
                53 Commander Hardtop
                64 Champ 1/2 ton
                Centralia, WA
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ddub

Those red wheels are not original are they?

Don Wilson
                  53 Commander Hardtop
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton
                  Centralia, WA

I'm not positive, but I think red wheels with black paint is correct.

JDP Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

My original black car had red wheels.

KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Comment

Are you sure this car wasn't redone at some time? I have not seen the faux-wood nor leather upholstery in a forties Studebaker before. I had no idea they produced such a high end interior at that time.

"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                      Jim Mann
                      Victoria, B.C.
                      Canada
                      \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                      Jim Mann
                      Victoria, B.C.
                      Canada

Comment

Regal Deluxe trim levels had the faux woodgraining. And it changed each year. Don't know about the leather. I think it was at least available on the convertibles.
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Kdancy

I'm not at all surprised especially if this car was originally sold in South Bend!!!

My father had his brother (a Foreman in the Trim Shop) make the covers for his '50 Champ with "Land Cruiser" material. As my father's Champ came down the assembly line, he actually built his own seats using "a lot of the good V.I.P. stuff" (virgin cotton).

I have to chuckle sometimes when people comment about "this or that ...not being correct because it was not listed on the Production Order." ANYTHING was possible at Studes ...IF ...you knew the right people!!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Welcome

quote:Originally posted by Kdancy

I'm not at all surprised especially if this car was originally sold in South Bend!!!

My father had his brother (a Foreman in the Trim Shop) make the covers for his '50 Champ with "Land Cruiser" material. As my father's Champ came down the assembly line, he actually built his own seats using "a lot of the good V.I.P. stuff" (virgin cotton).

I have to chuckle sometimes when people comment about "this or that ...not being correct because it was not listed on the Production Order." ANYTHING was possible at Studes ...IF ...you knew the right people!!!
                            Yep, I see a possible Studebaker employee purchase, but since they offered leather on some models, this car could have been special ordered with it. My bet is that it was a actual option though. I'd love to see the build sheet. BTW, my next door neighbor was a Studebaker line worker, and got a few dozen options added by his buddies that did not appear on the build sheet.
                            He also supplied the neighborhood kids with any parts that would fit in his lunch box.

JDP Maryland
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

This certainly looks like a nice car. And I hope someone that would like to have it gets it and enjoys it. But when shopping for a car this old it is hard to know all of the details to check to see if it is original or a very nice restoration. I dont mind a very nice restoration but you always have to wonder what is going to start poping out in a year or so. I like to take people for their word and if they say it is original I like belive it is. I feel that a site like this comes in handy becaus I can come on here and ask those of you that have seen this or another car that is for sale, in your opinion, Is it original or not? Is the car worth what they are asking or not? I understand that you are giving me your opinion and I may get conflicting opinions. Thats OK, it is now up to me or the potential buyer that asked the question to take the new information they have obtained and make a decision based on that info and the info provided by the seller.
                              It is very obvious to me that based on some of the post that I see in the forum there are some very very knowladgeable Studebaker people giving their input. I hope that when a novice like myself asks a question concerning a possible investment on a car like this it is answered by someone that considers that a 9 or 10 thousand dollars is a big investment for some of us. with this in mind I would hope the advice we be giving in the same manor that my dad or granfather would give."Boy here are the facts now think it over and make a wise decision".
                              I cannot visit this site as often as I would like because this thing called work seems to take alot of my time. When I do get a chance to stop bye and ask a question it is nice to see the advice and help offered by the members of this site. I feel that the few questions that I have asked have been answered very well and have guided me to solving my problem.
                              With all of that said I am looking to buy another Studebaker. I am looking for a nice "buy it and drive it car". Something very close to original. And I would like to get it for a fair price. Some of you have seen this car at shows. Some of you know alot about this year and model car and what they have been selling for. So my question is, in your opinion is this car what they say it is? Is it a good investment or should I keep looking? Thanks for the advise.

Comment

Working...
                              X