Vent window latch ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent window latch ID

I have this vent window latch, appears to be NOS. What's the application? Avanti? And does anybody need it?

That looks like the carriage return lever from Bob Palma's trusty Underwood typewriter. Bob hasn't been able to write more than one line letters or memos ever since it came up missing.

Lark Parker

Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the mystery, Parker of Larks. I have two of these return levers. I'll send both to Bob so that he can now have TWO operating typewriters. He'll need both to catch up on lost memos.

Comment

It reminds me of the window vent lever on my '40. It's basically an exact match.

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
        Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
        1963 Prototype cart built by Studebaker.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

It does look like a window vent lever...for an Avanti. It may well be the same part for other Studes to keep costs down rather than designing and producing a custom lever just for the Avanti. I don't know if that's the case but it makes sense.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Now I just have to decide what to list it as on ebay to get the largest bid. Would an Underwood typewriter return lever, or Studebaker vent window lever be worth the most??

I suppose I'll do a search for Underwood typewriters on Google and see if I can find a forum about them. Certainly the search feature will produce many previous threads about the exclusively ornate return levers.

Comment

That would be interesting if Chris's 1940 Champion vent window and an Avanti had the same vent window lever.

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
              sigpic
              John
              63R-2386
              Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Looks like the ones on my '50 Champion, as well. Maybe it is generic for lots of models.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti

That would be interesting if Chris's 1940 Champion vent window and an Avanti had the same vent window lever.
                  That would carry on the tradition set by the prewar President valve springs to the Avanti engines.[:0]
                  sigpic
                  Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Matthew, The handle appears to be Avanti, part # 1328479W. Studebaker Int'l price-$32.00, Nostalgic Motorcars price-$32.50.
                    Jim S.
                    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                    X