SASCOSI Tour- link to my 80 pix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SASCOSI Tour- link to my 80 pix!

That's a name I concocted for SI's new annex, which contains all the SASCO stuff. It's definitely not SASCO, but didn't seem accurate to call it SI, so that's the best I could come up with on short notice[:I]

Had a great time in SB! But most of my pictures are the same as others have posted. But I wanted to share the pictures from this amazing new facility[:0][8D]

First let me say that it is beyond what my mind can comprehend- still. I have no idea how Ed and crew pulled this off! Words and pictures cannot convey the magnitude of what has been done, but it will give you a taste of it. I asked Ed, what ever will become of the sheet metal with no water running in or snow drifting over it??? The place is amazingly organized and CLEAN- no filth, scum, or mouse turds to be found!

The tour was fantastic, with super-guide Tom Molnar. If in the future you go, I'm sure it will be sans Tom- Disney, San Fran Tours, or the Grand Canyon management will certainly be hiring him away immediately. Really! Great job by Tom[8D]

On a serious/sincere note- Infinite thanks to Ed and Heidi Reynolds for literally accomplishing the impossible. I can only imagine the sacrifice they have given to make this all happen, for the benefit of the Club and the entire marque. We all know what they have meant to the Stude world for so long, but this is beyond anything- it is honestly a true monument to them that will be remembered long after they- and all of us- are gone. I barely know the Reynolds', and don't owe them a thing- this is not a suck-up- simply credit where it's due!

And let me say this- having seen not only the staggering product line they have developed and offer through Studebaker International, but what they have accomplished here: If a CASO ever wants to grumble about any of their prices in the future, do not bother looking for a sympathetic ear from me! I'll be too busy thinking about row upon row upon row of parts that will not sell out in 50 years, yet were saved and will be costing rental space in case one of our yet-unconceived great-grandchildren need it for their Studebaker. Ask the AMC guys what that would mean to them. I frankly have no idea how they can make this work from a business standpoint, but if anyone can they can! Nothing but the best of luck and prosperity to SI- and long live Studebakers[^]

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

(Let me know if the link works- not sure I got it right)

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Ephesians 6:10-17

It works... One day, I'll get there!

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    "Star Performers with Saving Ways!"

Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Bob, thanks much for posting these. One must truly stand in the place to fully appreciate the scale of that move and the parts that remain..but the pictures definitely help if one wasn't there!

Your points are well-taken. As lovers of an independent make, I think we are probably in absolutely the best parts position of any of the defunct independents.

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
      '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

How much are those c/k fenders?

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
        1954 Champion Coupe
        Lizella, GA
        Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
        Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
        Lizella, GA

Comment

They are very organized. Thanks for sharing!

58 Packards
          62 & 63 Larks

Comment

Simma' down Alex, they're sedan fenders[|)] But I did see a pair of NOS C/K fenders at the swap meet for $1500/pr. (or thereabouts). Cha-ching!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Nice album Bob, I too was totally wowed by SI work in moving aand aligning these parts.
              Had no idea SASCO had this much stuff hidden over in there building. I think Ed could give every 64-66 Lark owner a front lower air valance and he would still have half his inventory left! Congrats to Ed and his people and good luck.

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Couple things- there is still a fairly sizable amount of stuff in a 'staging area' in the main building still to be sorted and shelved. Right now the sheet metal, transmissions, glass, etc. are in a second huge room. They believe once the rest is sorted they will eventually be able to move the second room stuff into the one gigantic front room- which would sure help the massive rent bill...

Also: There are several genuine Studebaker carts and floats in the below picture, also still for sale I believe. If some of those sell it will also free up a ton of space. They are gorgeous and weathered perfectly, and I would have bought one had I been able to take it with me[8D] Hope to nab one next time I go[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bams50

If a CASO ever wants to grumble about any of their prices in the future, do not bother looking for a sympathetic ear from me! I'll be too busy thinking about row upon row upon row of parts that will not sell out in 50 years, yet were saved and will be costing rental space in case one of our yet-unconceived great-grandchildren need it for their Studebaker.
                  Bob

Very well stated and thanks for the tour. We are a lucky group of orphan owners due to folks like ED and others like him.

Bob

Comment

Bob, My wife went on the tour, spotted those old carts & had to have one! After some arm twisting, measuring, etc she decided that could be her mothers day present.....so Andy & a couple other guys from SI helped us load one up!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Simma' down Alex, they're sedan fenders[|)] But I did see a pair of NOS C/K fenders at the swap meet for $1500/pr. (or thereabouts). Cha-ching!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Looks like its gonna have to be patches and bondo for me...

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
                      1954 Champion Coupe
                      Lizella, GA
                      Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                      Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                      Lizella, GA

Comment

Thanks Bams, I sure wish I could go and see
                        this first hand. It is unbelievable. Course,
                        if I did then I would wish I could buy something

Is this my next project?

Will I live long enough?

Comment

Well done!

Chris Pile
                          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'll second everything Bob has said. I got the tour and I was amazed at what is available. Everything is really well organized and easily accessed. And yes, Captain Hook (Tom Molnar) was a great tour guide. [^]

Ed and the SI crew have really worked their tails off and accomplished the impossible. I wonder if Ed would let me drag my '58 sedan up there and replace every stinkin' part with a NOS one...?

Comment

I do wonder if all those six cylinder blocks are Champion or ohv sixes, they're propably all champs and i'll bet there is no lost hoard of NOS ohv six heads

I also wonder what they found that was considered NLA at SASCO because it got stuck "somewhere" and lost.

I guess I will have to punch part numbers in SI's search box and see what comes up

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
                              The Replacements.
                              \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                              The Replacements.

Comment

Working...
                              X